The Lichnina

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Brookshire

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

The Lichnina

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Article 4 of the Contract of Governance provides me with an autonomous dominion within Brookshire, called the Lichnina. If you don't get the reference, then this may enlighten you...

The Lichnina, as defined by the Contract, comprises the counties of Caverden, Crestfall Downs, Kralizec, Monty Crisco and Woodshire. Now rather than administer this area as a single subdivision, I've given serious thought to dividing it between the existing Lichgraviate of Overdolor (Caverden and Woodshire) and a new Lichgraviate or Barony of Lowbrook (Crestfall Downs and Kralizec), with Monty Crisco remaining outside of this structure in view of its special significance.

Of the four counties, Caverden and Woodshire both have fairly well-developed cultures which I would like to preserve. Kralizec, despite a long history, doesn't seem to have developed much beyond a nudist colony-turned-hoverkitten farm. And then there is Crestfall Downs; it has a flag, but that's about as much as can be said about it.

This presents me with something of a dilemma. On the one hand, these last two counties seem absolutely perfect for a new arrival with big plans. But on the other hand, there seem to be a lot of other counties about which I could say the same and I do feel that some development would be nice.

So...this is what I'm going to do. Caverden, Maltenstein in Woodshire and Lowbrook in Crestfall Downs will be my personal demesne- hands off! I shall also assume the countship of Woodshire, but with provision for appointing a sheriff to govern the county (with the exception of from Maltenstein) in my absence. Kralizec and Crestfall Downs (with the exception of Lowbrook) will be kept free for newcomers, initially as sheriffs and then (if they impress) as full counts.

Sensible suggestions are welcome...
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Return to “Duchy of Brookshire”