Archive of the Daemonic Vanic State

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Audun Joel

Re: Elwynn's bicentenary

Post by Audun Joel »

Sponsoring lectures and panels discussing the history and political implications of the event can be good. Healthy debate and discussion should always be promoted.
Audun Joel Hallbjörns- og Esthersson
of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja

Prince and Llængjarl of Elwynn
Count of Araxion, of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles, Elwynn
Count of Elsyran, Goldshire
Formerly Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Imperial Census

Post by King Noah »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Council,

As you may have already noticed, the Minister of the Interior of Shireroth has seen fit to hold a census concerning all Shirerithian subdivisions and cities that are on the MCS Map. It is a good opportunity to update the Demographics of Elwynn, including the merger of the Absentians into the Amokolians, the continued Great Froyalanish Immigration, and the Batavians becoming one of the Twelve Peoples of Elwynn.
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia
Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik

Aesileif

Re: Imperial Census

Post by Aesileif »

The last Elwynnese Census was in 1631-1632 before the Elwynnese Union acquired the Furthest of the Far West and regained Mishalan so there is enough to do.
Æsileif Haraldsdóttir of the Houses des Vinandy and Ettlingar Freyu

Princess and Llængjarla of Elwynn,
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles
Matron of the Royal Julius Civilis University in Amokolia

Fjorleif

Re: Elwynn's bicentenary

Post by Fjorleif »

Put the emphasis of the triumphant moments of Elwynnese history, including the War of Vengeance and the River War. :-D
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Aesileif wrote:The last Elwynnese Census was in 1631-1632 before the Elwynnese Union acquired the Furthest of the Far West and regained Mishalan so there is enough to do.
Indeed.

*Glares at the Arandur of Cape Farewell.*
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Post by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh »

How about we let each precinct decide on the numbers for it? With an added reasoning of course.

I assume the froyalan immigration has been restricted to mainly Amokolia.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh
President of the Senate of the Elwynnese Republic

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Some added thoughts:

Why not make two demographics at once? One for ethnicities and one for native language (for bilinguals, that would be their most dominant language).

So, for languages:
  • Amokolian (Germanic)
  • Amokolian (Slavic)
  • Babkhi
  • Batavian
  • Elw
  • Kalasperin
  • Norse (Farewellish)
  • Norse (Froyalanish)
  • Norse (Normark)
  • Præta
  • Other languages
Batavians would have in previous censuses come from the "Other Elwynnese or Shirerithian", so we'll take an appropriate number from there – maybe around 50% in Amokolia, and no more than 20% elsewhere of that census group.

As for cities on the MCS map, let's include the local bailiwick and, except for the 7 Ports, the surrounding bailiwicks forming a metropolitan area.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:How about we let each precinct decide on the numbers for it? With an added reasoning of course.
That is fine with me.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:I assume the froyalan immigration has been restricted to mainly Amokolia.
Indeed.
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:Why not make two demographics at once? One for ethnicities and one for native language (for bilinguals, that would be their most dominant language).
Sure!

Norse (Wintergleamish) should, however, be added to the list of languages.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:Batavians would have in previous censuses come from the "Other Elwynnese or Shirerithian", so we'll take an appropriate number from there – maybe around 50% in Amokolia, and no more than 20% elsewhere of that census group.

As for cities on the MCS map, let's include the local bailiwick and, except for the 7 Ports, the surrounding bailiwicks forming a metropolitan area.
Both points are fine with me.
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Re: Mishalan

Post by King Noah »

Ryker has offered Elwynn Crowsilver if it gives up Mishalan...
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

Audun Joel

Post by Audun Joel »

King Noah wrote:Ryker has offered Elwynn Crowsilver if it gives up Mishalan...
Given the way the vote in the Landsraad is going, perhaps it is good for us to take him up on that offer. It leaves the potential for expansion in northern Apollonia.

Count of Araxion, of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles, Elwynn

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

I don't think the offer will hold should the resolution pass. In light of these circumstances, I would recommend that the Royal Government immiedately offer retrocession of Mishalan in turn for the Landsraad to not veto the resolution and the transfer of Crowsilver from Goldshire to Elwynn.

Given how the vote is going, I would recommend that we do this before the vote has concluded.

This arrangement is much more favourable than the mirky unprecedented waters of untangling the veto of an imperial decree that was, for all intents, an agreement between the King and the Kaiser's Steward.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Audun Joel

Post by Audun Joel »

I meant to imply that we should take up that offer now, rather than later. It's pretty obvious that the offer won't be much after the vote has concluded. I agree with the Count of Suthergold on this.

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

http://shireroth.org/shirewiki/Demograp ... ynn_(1651)

I've started, help out with your precincts plz :)
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

I have just added the Seven Ports. :-D
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports
Lord von der Elfinschenheide

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Babkhi population went from 30,203,505 in the year 1631 to 75,709,577 in 1651.

My son the King should order the Precinct Government of Alalehzamin and Utasia to include birth control in the local health insurance coverage again. ;)
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Hallbjorn wrote:The Babkhi population went from 30,203,505 in the year 1631 to 75,709,577 in 1651.

My son the King should order the Precinct Government of Alalehzamin and Utasia to include birth control in the local health insurance coverage again. ;)
Oops! I think I made a mistake here in the calculations! The other groups seem to have a more "normal" rise. I wonder what I did wrong there...

I suppose I could correct it – but I really don't have any energy to do that. After all, I have to collate EVERY SINGLE census of the Imperial Republic. And I've already entered this into the big excel sheet of everything...

Can we keep it on the promise that we will now provide free condoms in Alalehzamin?
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:Can we keep it on the promise that we will now provide free condoms in Alalehzamin?
I have no issues with that. :-D
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Audun Joel

Post by Audun Joel »

Has a decision been made on this? Taking this deal would allow us to save some face.

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

Well, that Resolution to veto Imperial Decree 940 is a bit of a pointless exercise because Imperial States have exclusive jurisdiction over their territory due to the Internal administration and organization clause of the Charter and here Imperial States have exclusive jurisdiction it is provided by the Charter that State Law supersedes Imperial Law.

In other words: as soon as Elwynn created Mishalan a Circuit of Elwynn it went beyond the control of the Imperial Government and the Landsraad.

The very moment that the Resolution would pass I would file an application for an injunction under the State Law Supremacy Clause at the courts that have jurisdiction: the Court of Castle Chamber and the Imperial Judex. I already have the application at the ready.

That said, Crowsilver is a territory where my children hold titles given to them by their late Lady Mother as Queen of Goldshire - Shahzade Bey of Hjartahorn for Prince Vilhjálm and Shahzade Begum of Fystlond for Princess Esther - so my son the King has indicated that he is inclined to take up the offer.
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Return to “Senate Archives”