[VOTE] Removal of the Prince and election of a New

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

My fellow Senators,

I shall take a moment to say a few words of my own here at the podium now.

What has happened? Where is our Elwynn heading?

A few hours ago, the Prince sent in the UDF in Lun Ezkaron and in the Brassicas. Protests were held in these counties. The UDF forces had orders to "shoot to kill" on the protesters. We have been unable to hear reports from there. We do not know how many have died.

Why haven't we heard anything?

You see, Senators, electricity was cut all across these counties as soon as the UDF went in. It was an atrocity in planning. We cannot continue like this anymore. Journalists have been shot, the hospitals cut from electricity and plumbing.

The Prince must go.

You all remember the his and mine email exchange that his pages sent to the Eliria Times. In these he confessed to abusing power, to be a fake follower of Elijah.

We also remember the days during the cabbage infestation, in these days human rights were suspended. The Senate was suspended. The Congress was suspended. Our rights and our freedoms were suspended.

Senators, the Prince must go.

But all is not dark, my friends. Here in Eliria, I know that many of you have seen protests. The Prince has yet been unable to quash these, they are too close to the limelight.

But remember, the terror in Lun Ezkaron, in Northern Absentia and Mina Durtarui can not only stop there, the Prince can bring it to the rest of Elwynn. Unless we act, unless we act now.

Let not the killed of Lun Ezkaron and the Brassicas die in vain! We must end this evil now.

The Prince must go.

As I said, all is not dark. We can still find a new Prince. We can still find one with the heart of Elijah, with the heart of Daniel. We can still have an Ayreon as Prince.

The young man Nau is a child of Elwynn and a child of Elijah. He grew up in Elwynn and in Natopia. He stayed a year in Babkha. He knows what evil is. He will do all in his power to root out evil from this land, from our land, from his land.

Let us make him our prince. Let someone with pure heart be elected Prince of Elwynn.

The Constitution says that "The Senate elects the Prince in a manner it decides, and may remove the Prince in any manner it decides."

So let's decide to remove the prince and have Nathaniel Andre Utas Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine our Prince and Prince of Elwynn.

For the record, Senators, I move to bring this resolution to voting later:

The Senate resolves to remove Deimos Jasonides from the position as Prince of Elwynn, and instead elect Nathaniel Andre Utas Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine the Prince of Elwynn.

I will now hear you, my fellow Senators. Speak for the future of Elwynn!
Soreaa Isurui
Steward of the State (Elwynn)
Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

One of the Rics

Rei Milharna

Re: [Debate] Removal of the Prince and election of a New

Post by Rei Milharna »

Motion to suspend the rules and proceed immediately to vote.

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Welcome once more to these chambers, Ms Milharna. Let the Senators not spoken also speak their mind.
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Motion seconded.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senators,

I have just received reports from the Master-at-cudgels of the Court of the Prince. Officers of the UDF intelligence section have arrested and detained Deimos Jasonides, Prince of Elwynn, under the Suppression of Deviancy Act. He has been brought to the Court of the Star Chamber who has detained him. Trial is expected to begin 5162.

Senator Lewis, I believe you are the Steward now until the Senate has responded to the question of Prince Deimos.

In light of these horrible cirumstances, I will agree to the motion to suspend the rules.

Accordingly, Senators, you may begin voting on this matter immediately.

The question is two-fold.

Q1. Shall Deimos Jasonides be removed as Prince of Elwynn?

[ ] Yea.
[ ] No.
[ ] Abstain.

Q2. In the event of a majority for Question 1, shall Nathaniel Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine be elected Prince of Elwynn?

[ ] Yea.
[ ] No.
[ ] Abstain.

You may begin voting now. Voting will end on [Monday, 16:37 CEST].
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Re: [VOTE] Removal of the Prince and election of a New

Post by Verion »

1. Yes
2. No

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

1. Yes
2. Abstain

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

1. No
2. Yes

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senators,

Voting has ended. On question 1, two yeas were counted and one no. Prince Deimos Jasonides is relived from his duties as Prince of Elwynn.

On question 2, one vote was counted as yea, one vote as no and one vote of abstention. It is a tie. By convention, the President of the Senate has the casting vote. I will cast a yea vote.

Nathaniel Ayreon-Dariolin is thus elected Prince of Elwynn with immediate effect. I offer our new Prince my full allegiance and devotion.

Congratulations.
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

I move that this Senate decide in accordance with Article 4.4 that the Prince must enjoy the favour of a majority of its voting members in order to be elected, and therefore overturn the election of Nathaniel Ayreon as Prince of Elwynn.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Perhaps mr. Ayreon could try to persuade the senate first.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

I apologize for my absence from this vote, I was otherwise occupied this weekend.

If a vote is called for again, I voice my support for Nau Ayreon-Dariolin as prince.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I will not consent to the proclamation of this person as prince of Elwynn unless I have seen evidence of his capabilities in this office.

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Hear hear!

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senators,

The proposed measure to remove Prince Deimos and elect Nathaniel Ayreon-Dariolin was submitted to the Senate in accordance with the Constitution. Senator Milharna moved to kill debate and proceed to immediate vote, to which Senator Lewis gave his support.

As voting continued, votes were cast, and in accordance with senatorial procedure and convention, I refrained from voting unless there was a tie, which there was on question 2. I used my right to vote to break the tie, and Nathaniel Ayreon-Dariolin was duly elected.

After this election, all in good form, Senator Milharna, protested against the conduct of the election. Senator Lewis agreed, once more, with Senator Milharna. Senator Rakira, having been absent over the period of voting, came to the Senate and indicated his support for the conduct of the vote and the tenureship of Prince Nathaniel.

In light of these events, I see no legal ground to challenge the vote for Prince of Elwynn, and I remain convinced that Nathaniel Ayreon-Dariolin is the elected Prince of Elwynn.
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Except there is, as by this house's own rules this house may only remove princes via impeachment. Nevermind the fact that 72 hours were not given for nominations.

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senator Milharna, your motion (and as seconded by Senator Lewis) was "to suspend the rules and proceed immediately to vote". Further, no objection was raised re Question 1, it would be improper to raise one now.

If there are further doubts, I urge such Senators doubting to propose a legislative act to rectify all such matters that trouble them. I, for one, am not troubled.
Soreaa Isurui

One of the Rics

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I wish to voice my concern about the recent events in the senate of Elwynn. The President of the Senate clearly wishes her own bill to pass and to install mr. Ayreon's appearent son as Prince of Elwynn.

Why is this, I wonder. This Nathaniel has not shown any signs of capability or even a remote interest for the position of Prince. Yes, much more even, he hasn't even shown signs of anything. Appearently mr. Ayreon Jr. (is there any evidence to support his claim of being the son of Elijah by the way?) does not deem it necessary to show his face to the senate, or to give any information about how or why he imagines to rule Elwynn.

I think this can be regarded as an insult to, and contempt of the senate of Elwynn.

I ask, once again, Why would we elect Nathaniel Ayreon as Prince of Elwynn? Have we forgotten our democratic roots and have we chosen the path of nepotism? Surely not, you will say. But note that this Nathaniel isn't even a true Elw. He is born in Natopia and raised in Babkha.

The senate will choose the right person to sit upon the throne of Elwynn. And Nathaniel Ayreon has to try his best to persuade the senate and to prove that he is this right person.

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

Congratulations Prince Nathaniel!

Tokaray al-Osman

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

I am sure you are all appropriately grateful for how rigorously Ric polices and periodically culls his errant avatars when he feels they are getting out of hand. He is truly an example to us all.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Return to “Senate Archives”