Prince's Speech to the Senate

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Deimos Jasonides

Prince's Speech to the Senate

Post by Deimos Jasonides »

Madam President,
Honourable Senators,

There is no Kaiser on the throne. The Landsraad has been relocated to the tropical isles of Skyla.

As we pay tribute to the Kaiseress who during her reign accepted that people had rights, natural ones, and who ensured democratization and liberalization across the Republic, we must remember that she left no successor. In such event, it is by the Charter, the Landsraad which shall elect the new Kaiser.

The Republic is in chaos and anarchy. From Shirekeep, the cabbage infestation is spreading and causing a huge health and sanitary problem in Alalehzamin, while refugees flock to our free State.

In Illumination and the Absentias, the dissident feudalists, calling themselves the "Free Elwynn Movement", have decided to oppose this constitutional and democratic government in Elwynn.

I wish to clarify a few things:

I am not on a crusade on Cedrism. The State is in no way actively campaigning against the free and peaceful exercise of religion. The protection and advancement of human rights is a cornerstone in our free and harmonious society. We are a nation founded on the principles of liberty and democracy.

Having said that, Boomism, the extremist and fundamentalist fringe wing of the noble religion of Cedrism, is a cancerous tumour upon the Elwynnese body-politic. It is a cult centred on the proliferation of arson and its teachings, that through explosions, through fire, through chaos, order is born -- it is something that is utterly destructive to our nation and our people. We cannot allow that.

Worse still, mix in the far-right ideologies of Lokiism and Alaionism and you have a recipe for civil war in Elwynn. War must be avoided at all costs. It is an evil. Saints Elijah and Daniel were disgusted with the mere thought of war. I may not be as noble and pure as they, but I hate war and death with my whole body and soul.

And that is why evil must be combatted, not with evil, but with good. We shall rise together against the horrible ideologies of the far-right, the antihuman and anti-Elwynnist preachings. And we shall do so with spreading love and kindness over all the land. With love, we will destroy evil.

Real love is tough. If my mother went psychotic, wouldn't I stop her with all my life for her not to blow up herself? Not to destroy the beauty of her soul? I would! I would do all in my power to bring her back to the harmonious state of being, to peace, to Lady Elwynn and the whole army of Saints.

We shall be shields against evil. And we shall stop evil wherever we find it. And the ill shall be made sane. We shall not destroy or imprison our so-called enemies. They are ill, we shall give them health and nurture them back to the noble path that Lady Elwynn puts before us.

Just like Elijah and Daniel, we will fight with our words and our hearts and our souls, but of course, we have the right to protect ourselves, with proportional means, from all assult. It goes for our bodies, our minds, our communities, cities and our borders.

Right now, Shirekeep is in cabbage fumes. We shall go there and rinse out evil. We shall bring Shirekeep back to the harmonious society. We shall fulfill our people's ancient dream of restoring Shirekeep to Elwynnese law.

Once Shirekeep is back in our hands, we shall rebuild the city. The orchid flag will fly from Raynor's Keep and the Kaiser of Shireroth and the Prince of Elwynn will be of the same heart and mind: that liberty and democracy be spread, from the mountains, forests and rivers of Elwynn across the Shirerithian union of states.

Shireroth will have a guiding star. That star, leading the way, will be Elwynn.

Pray with me, Senators, make this happen. Let us liberate our own people in Elwynn from anarchy. Let us liberate the sick and insane of Shirekeep, let us cleanse that city. Let our glory shine and show the path for the rest of this Imperial Republic. Let Elwynn be at the centre of it. Let Elwynn endure this, and let Elwynn prevail!
Deimos Jasonides| Деймоос Ясооннаи | Deimoos Jasoonnai
Grand Officer of the Holy Order of the Strait of Barbary
Former Prime Minister of the State of Talenore
Former Sovereign Prince of Elwynn

Just another Ric

Soreaa Isurui

Re: Prince's Speech to the Senate

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Senators,

I thank His Serenity for his candid comments and invite the Senate to respond.
Soreaa Isurui
Steward of the State (Elwynn)
Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

One of the Rics

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

His Serenity has lost his mind.

Boo0oo/\/\ism indeed has rights of explosion, but deliberate destruction of property, unless donated for the purpose, is not one of them.

This he knows full well.

He speaks of freedom, but oppresses those who practice it. he makes war on his own people, much as his hallowed predecessors predecessor made war on the defenseless city of Nosqam, a quiet fishing village of no military import.

If troops obey his command, and attempt to seize Shirekeep, he will bring down on his head a curse that will make the Thousand Year Hate look like a child's birthday party.

I submit that the Prince may very well be suffering from cabbage poisoning himself, if not of the body, of the spirit.

I suggest that he take medical leave, and that this madness end before it destroys us all.
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

Deimos for Kaiser!

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Deimos for prison!

or hospital

both work
Jacobus Loki

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

"A spurt of dragon flame would be more impressive at this stage you know"

(message delivered by a distinctly nervous gentleman-usher)

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

"Sorry, previous engagement," said the PA system.
Jacobus Loki

Return to “Senate Archives”