The Death of Vilhelm Benkern

Once the People's Republic of Mar Sara, settled by the fabled Starsearchers, Mar Sara was long one of Shireroth's farthest-flung colonies before now finding its way into the Bovic Empire.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor

Vilhelm Benkern

The Death of Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

COUNT DIES AFTER 97 YEARS ON THRONE
The Saran Chronicle
Hasanday, 13 Qarbinionsmoon, 5121 ASC

AUGUSTGRAD -- Today the entire Mar Saran people unite in collective mourning at the loss of the Count of the island. Vilhelm Benkern died last night aged at the age of 104 after ruling as Count since the age of 7. He died in the city of Musica after several months of travels. His body will be returned to Augustgrad for interment after the customary twenty-one days of public viewing. His son, Vilhelm Benkern, was crowned as Count early this morning in the traditionally swift occasion and is expected to address crowds gathering in the city's Unification Square this evening.
Vilhelm Benkern has died; Vilhelm Benkern is Count.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Krasniy Yastreb

Re: The Death of Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

The Benkern is dead. Long live the Benkern!

I shall send a delegation of Goldshirians and Lunatics to the funeral as my representatives (selected at random from the population as a treat - they don't get out much).

Lyssansa Rossheim

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

On behalf of the Kingdom of Lichbrook, we wish to express our condolences, together with our congratulations to the new count on the occasion of his accession to the comital throne.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

Elwynn sends a wreath of intertwined black and white orchids and its condolences expressed in the form of an ensemble orchestra of especially rehabilitated and conditioned dissident academics who spontaneously combusted in the Auditorium of New Gettysburg at the end of their performance.

It was generally agreed that it was what they would have wanted, although since they were drooling and howling like rabid dogs by the final note of the Götterdämmerung what they would have wanted prior to the activation of the incendiary devices in their abdominal cavities is probably immaterial. The audience appreciated the show and the Fire Brigade welcomed the trade.

(In passing I would also note that it has just come to my attention that this place is in fact one massive reference to Starcraft... I hadn't picked up on this since I assumed that Space Marines only came in one flavour. I guess this means that the Dinarchic tyranny of Dune and Blizzard Entertainment over the cultural landscape of the place continues unabated)

Ismael Todochev

Post by Ismael Todochev »

The people of Haifa send their condolences.
Ismael Todochev
Prime Minister of the Free State of Haifa
Leader of Afrikaana
Fürst von und zu Wahlstadt

Lord of the New Age

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

After the usual misadventures regarding international post, Safiria sends one gross (that's twelve dozen) only-slightly-crumply white roses and a bundle of thousands of pieces of spidersilk-paper, not dissimilar to the ones traditionally affixed to the north wall of the Temple of Death and Rebirth in Qalani's docklands, all bearing the following text in various founts and hands:
R.I.P. VILHELM, ATTANKEI MAR SARAVAL
2423-2526
Kîkrae káån saňi tsunekata, ne, saňi tsuta
Łařnemaňotikalten
English translation:
R.I.P. VILHELM, COUNT OF MAR SARA
1909-2013
Our thoughts are with you; nay, they are a part of you
From the Mango-Dragon Society

Return to “Mar Sara”