Vidar and Nathan, A Romantic Getaway

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Nathan II

Vidar and Nathan, A Romantic Getaway

Post by Nathan II »

Of the several dozen smaller islands between So-Sara and Amarr, a few had been set aside by previous dukes, leaders, whathaveyou, as private resorts. The wealthy elite from across Micras book these boutique resorts months in advance, to take advantage of the tropical climate, some of them are private couples' islands that cater to only one couple. The Duke of Modan-Malarboria had invited the Kaiser to spend a week long getaway with him here.

The couple spent the first few days enjoying themselves at the pool, at dinner, and with entertainers brought in from Shirekeep and Lindstrom. It was lovely, the outside world melted away and for that wonderful week, the two men were finally able to have time for themselves.

The final night, after dinner, Nathan held Vidar's hand, gazed into his eyes and told him he loved him and never wanted to be without him, that he was stronger when they were together, and needed him in his life. As he spoke these words, the waiter brought over a slice of 4-layer cake, and a velvet jewelry box. Nathan opened the box to reveal two solid Tarsicanite wedding bands and held one between his thumb and forefinger, "I literally went to the moon and back to get this for you, these rings are unique, like our love, and I would be the happiest man on Micras, and any other planets out there, if you would be my husband. Would you marry me, Vidar?"
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Kaiser Ayreon IV
AHS (Ayreonist Horror Story)

Re: Vidar and Nathan, A Romantic Getaway

Post by Kaiser Ayreon IV »

It was a well-needed holiday.

Vidar, as Nathan would always call him – the only of two people in the world who would call the kaiser by his given name (the other one was his best friend and concubine, Isidora), had had a busy year. The civil war in the North – finally at an end, the Batavian reunification with several negotiations and arguments in the Imperial Advisory Council and with his Batavian counterparts had taken its toll too. Moreover, his three children were growing up quickly. Salome was already 4 years old and spoke three languages fluently, and going on a fourth and a fifth. Poor girl. The twins were getting bigger for every day. And then there was Jaap – beautiful Jaap who faithfully served his kaiser every night.

Being with Jaap was never the same as with Nathan. With Jaap, Vidar would always take the lead. And sure, Jaap was beautiful, handsome, exquisite, to die for, and Jaap always worshipped the kaiser dutifully. But it was a duty, and the power between them was asymmetric. Could Jaap ever say no? The kaiser often said no, but then, he was the kaiser...

When Vidar was with Nathan, life was good. He never felt like a royal when with Nathan. They were equal. It was similar as with Isidora, only with more attraction, and a different sense of love. Yes, he did love Nathan, he was unsure of how he loved him. The teenage attraction had blossomed up again in the last few years, and things were always good. Timeless. Yes, the world felt timeless when he was with Nathan.

He felt meek though. Weak around Nathan. Nathan would always be the one taking the initiatives, making sure things happened, the one taking charge. And it felt so good to be Nathan's little spoon when nights were shared (though those nights were rare – thank Zurvan that Jaap could be a good substitute).

But would Nathan really want Vidar? Vidar would love to be more with Nathan, would love to be Nathan's and let Nathan be his. Could that ever be? Oh no, Vidar felt inadequate around Nathan. Nathan was handsome, full of energy, full of excitement, and Vidar was just... Vidar. Around Nathan, Vidar was just Vidar, and that scared him. What could he ever offer an emperor?

And then one day, Nathan had contacted Vidar, asked for a holiday in Modan together – a get away. And it was good.

Then. The question. The big question.

Vidar was shocked. He hadn't expected it. But when he heard it, he could hardly process it. But he wanted it. Oh yes, he wanted it.

He cried and embraced the emperor.

"I would, Nathan. I really would love that."
Ayreon IV
Former Kaiser of Shireroth (now dead)
RIC

Return to “Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara”