Constitutional convention

The land of rolling green hills and precious yellow metal, as old as Shireroth itself. Often abolished, never demolished. Home of the Golden Bull. Still smells faintly of cats.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Goldshire

Noor bint Daniyal

Re: Constitutional convention

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Ryker wrote:I see no issue with much of this, very nice.
Cool
Ryker wrote:But if I must say one thing and nothing else then let it be this: Lunaris is to remain a singular and unified entity. To enact any law stating otherwise will lead to nothing productive, I assure you.
You're welcome to take on the lordships over both these counties, and thereby having them as a duchy.
Ryker wrote:furthermore, there have been no developments in any of the Baronies to suggest that this territorial reorganization would be justified. Madam Grand Duchess, I request an explanation.
Exactly. The baronies serve no purpose, which is why I have proposed to make away with them. Instead, in the instances where one lord holds more than one county, those two counties will become ONE entity, but instead of being styled Counties, they would be ONE county.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

I'm not too big of a fan of the proposed royal succession mechanism. Stability and certainty in succession to the Golden Hovercat Throne should be paramount.

How would one carry out such a duel in person in a simulationist micronation?
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia
Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik

Noor bint Daniyal

I understand your position, and if it is the well of the Counts of Goldshire that there should be some other way, then by all means, I will abide. But it would be wrong of me to alter the way of succession that brought me into power.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Overall, I wholeheartedly approve. Essentially we're just bumping all the ranks up since we'd be a kingdom instead of a duchy.

Who has a stronger claim, the eldest or youngest child of the Queen? The older or younger sibling? Presumably the physically stronger one, right? I can't seem to find any rules on Bloodsport, perhaps in order to codify this in the rules of succession it should be added to the Codex Aurea or this constitution? (I don't mind adding a little rough and tumble to Goldshirian politics, but I just want to know how :wink: )

I don't think Lunaris should be separated either. As I understood things, Upper and Lower Lunaris were internal subdivisions of a singular Lunaris, it would be like splitting Suthergold into two counties, East and West.

Also, how are claims to counties going to be recognized? As current Baroness of Ynnraile will I be guaranteed the counties of Holwinn and Syrelwynn?

Will the Count of Ran have influence over Goldshire Hamlet? Perhaps the Queen should make a permanent claim over that particular countship? Or split Goldshire Hamlet off into a "Royal County."
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Noor bint Daniyal

Very good points! They all need to be discussed more.

I can concede to merge Upper and Lower Lunaris.
Noor as-Salaam

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

I would gladly take on the offered lordship over Lunaris. Thank you Majesty.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Also, not a fan of "Queen". There are already ruling Kings and Queens of Elwynn and Lichbrook respectively. Kizzy (our resident Queen :wink: ) made the title of Grand Duchess specifically to give Goldshire its own unique but powerful ruling title.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Noor bint Daniyal

But it isn't as powerful a title! I wanted to prove that the Goldshire is equal to the other states in prestige and hierarchy. For my own sake, I don't care. I am an Ayreonist republican after all... but I adapt to the necessities of time, like marrying for power, producing heirs, and so on...

Of course, in the end, it's you people who decide on the constitution. I am giving you that power, but it means you must come to an agreement with each other. And I will listen.
Noor as-Salaam

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

In our Grand Duchy, it most certainly is (Goldshire is pretty weird when it comes to titles anyway, it's fun). What exactly does Goldshire still need to prove? I'm genuinely curious.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Noor bint Daniyal

Alright!

We'll put it to a vote:

VOTE 1.

Goldshire shall

[ ] Remain a grand duchy
[ ] Become a kingdom
[ ] become something else
[ ] I refuse to vote because democracy is an evil Elwynnese custom and must be done away with.

All counts of Goldshire may vote.

VOTE 2.

The succession to the throne of Goldshire shall be succeeded to as follows:

[ ] As in Noor's proposed constitution
[ ] Strictly dynastic
[ ] By election
[ ] As in Noor's proposed constitution but with more safeguards
[ ] As currently under the Codex
[ ] I refuse to vote because democracy is an evil Elwynnese custom and must be done away with.
Noor as-Salaam

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Vote1: #1
Vote2: #5
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I thank the Grand Duchess for her proposal.

I'm willing to compromise on my distaste of the title of Queen because it makes sense when you take the proposed subtier reforms in mind. And since Elwynn has started this folly, the leader of Goldshire should have an equal title.

However, I would propose to remove the reference to the current Queen of Goldshire from our constitution, and instead just have the constitution refer to "the Monarch".

Regarding Holwinn, Elsenar and Ran, I'm not too sure if we really need three different counties here.

Finally, I'd formally propose an ammendment to rename Krufnsilver to its SxEnglish name "Crowsilver" and to remove the spelling error from Lower Lunaris.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

And my votes:
VOTE 1.

Goldshire shall

[ ] Remain a grand duchy
[x] Become a kingdom

VOTE 2.

[x] As in Noor's proposed constitution
[ ] Strictly dynastic
[ ] By election

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Psst! Jack... It was supposed to be Ravensilver. Mixed Hrafn with "Krunk" (Icelandic version of Kaw). Just putting tgat out there.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Jack wrote:I'm willing to compromise on my distaste of the title of Queen because it makes sense when you take the proposed subtier reforms in mind. And since Elwynn has started this folly, the leader of Goldshire should have an equal title.
It was the Duchy of Lichbrook which was the first of the Imperial States elevated itself to a Kingdom. =p
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:Alright!

We'll put it to a vote:

VOTE 1.

Goldshire shall

[ ] Remain a grand duchy
[x] Become a kingdom

VOTE 2.

[x] Strictly dynastic
[ ] By election
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Ryker wrote:Psst! Jack... It was supposed to be Ravensilver. Mixed Hrafn with "Krunk" (Icelandic version of Kaw). Just putting tgat out there.
Thst doesnt sound good though. It's a Crow now. =p

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Hey, It's your County. Just don't cry to me when the natives get pissed at you mispronouncing anything :herman:
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:For my own sake, I don't care. I am an Ayreonist republican after all... but I adapt to the necessities of time, like marrying for power, producing heirs, and so on...
I thought you had married me out of bodily lust. :wink:
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

VOTE 1.

Goldshire shall

[ ] Remain a grand duchy
[x] Become a kingdom (I elevated us to Grand Duchy to be on par with Elwynn's then-Principality and Lichbrook's Queendom, but now that Elwynn is a Kingdom, at the risk of over-inflating titles, we must be at parity, lest be be seen as the junior partner in the ménage à trois that is Shireroth)

VOTE 2.

[ ] Strictly dynastic
[ ] By election
[x] As in Noor's proposed constitution but with more safeguards (define Bloodsport)
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Return to “Duchy of Goldshire”