Well, this is exactly why we have the IAC

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaiser Wythe I

Well, this is exactly why we have the IAC

Post by Kaiser Wythe I »

I received this PM from Jan Dasburg earlier today:
Dear Your Majesty,

Your country and my country are good allies for years and I hope until the end of time.

In great admiration I behold your country as a melting pot of cultures. With admiration that I work on my country. Although my position is no longer the same as over a year ago, I do work on cultural development. Bosworthian Gascony disintegrated into a Batavian and Stormarks part. Now I'm trying to Gascony to reunite. This is mainly because of the cultural context.

My eye fell on the area immediately adjacent. Absentia, both on the mainland and the island. From this area I could find little on the forum and ShireWiki. I would like that area, simultaneously with Gascony, to develop. The best would be if the area might come under the flag of Batavia, so I can develop this area in Dutch and English.

How do you think about a takeover of Absentia by Batavia?

Sincerely,
Jan Dasburg
Discuss, please.
His Niftiness Wythe I
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Goldshire

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Re: Well, this is exactly why we have the IAC

Post by ari »

Our claim to Absentia is actually historically fairly recent, we've only held it since sometime in 2008. It's basically Jake's Place, more or less, and IIRC the circumstances were basically that he wanted his little piece of land to come with him so he claimed it for Shireroth, and nobody else has done anything really serious with it since. Prodigy Almighty did put cyborg bears in there at some point (on the mainland part, not the island) and Serovopolis is definitely named by him, but I don't really recall what else he did with it. Could maybe try tracking him down, ask Corey or Longbow or someone of the Tokians who's around at least somehow. Whatever you do, Shireroth must definitely keep Bjorngard (found in for instance this map: http://micras.org/Archive/maps/Claimsma ... 13.2.3.png), but for for the rest of the land around there, I'm basically OK with whatever Jake's OK with.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

I told Jan that there was little chance that this would get approved. As a Batavian I would support a move like this, but at the same time I don't know what Batavia could give in return (land? What land?).
I will be neutral when this comes up in debates, as I'm not very objective in a case like this.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Kaiser Wythe I

Post by Kaiser Wythe I »

Right, so my initial reaction to the PM was "Are you nuts?" but then I thought about it some more and became more open to it.

In any event, I'm going to be out of town for a couple of days, so that's plenty of time to think it over before presenting it to the Landsraad. Ari's in charge.

By the way, my eternal thanks to whomever restored my access to the Secret Evil Plans forum. Peace and love!
His Niftiness Wythe I
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Goldshire

Kaiser Wythe I

Post by Kaiser Wythe I »

Well, that was a lovely discussion. :-D

Anyway, should we present this idea to the Landsraad?
His Niftiness Wythe I
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Goldshire

Kaiser Wythe I

Post by Kaiser Wythe I »

So, uh, yeah...I got another PM about this. What's the general consensus?
His Niftiness Wythe I
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Goldshire

Kaiser Wythe I

Post by Kaiser Wythe I »

Look, if no one else participates in this discussion, I'm going to reply and decline the offer.
His Niftiness Wythe I
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Goldshire

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Yes, I'm only dropping in randomly and shouldn't be here - but I'd echo what Ari said. Check with Jake, if he doesn't mind, could give them the land. I doubt Prodigy will care too much.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Return to “Shirithian Archives”