Change of Borders Request

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Change of Borders Request

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Lord Holly has been a productive citizen of Goldshire and has contributed to his own Barony greatly. But he decided to unilaterally secede from Goldshire. I felt the best way to handle this situation, and leave the least amount of potential for a bigger mess or war, was just to recognize Holly's independence.

Of course as Malliki has pointed out to me, the Adelsraad needs to approve the change of borders to Goldshire before Holly can happen.

And maybe some of you old timers might not even want the borders to change, no matter what Holly or me decide. So I put the issue at the feet of my fellow Dukes with an open mind.

I motion to debate.

Carl Jackson

Re: Change of Borders Request

Post by Carl Jackson »

I move the previous question and vote AYE thereon.

Kaiser Ayreon II

Post by Kaiser Ayreon II »

You don't need to vote AYE on a motion to debate, Lord Yardistan.

Having thought of the matter, I feel there is little viability left for Goldshire. Perhaps Ynnraile could join Elwynn as a barony, and Holly and Brookshire merge?

Monty

Post by Monty »

I do not feel that just because one person does not like another, and therefore wishes to secede, should warrant the destruction of a Duchy Your Niftiness.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

People are just not listening.

I have heard nothing from Lord Holly to indicate that he wants to join Brookshire; nor am I at all happy with such an arrangement. My husband has completely disappeared (even before I have issued a warrant for his arrest...) and no-one in authority has made a genuine effort to negotiate an equitable settlement.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Monty

Post by Monty »

On an unrelated note the new Kaiser is definitely having a good first week in office....
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.

Monty

Post by Monty »

Perhaps, with the departure of the Duke of Goldshire, Lord Holly may be due a promotion of sorts?
Lord Montague

Return to “Shirithian Archives”