A Resolution to Revoke Imperial Decree 538

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

A Resolution to Revoke Imperial Decree 538

Post by Thadeus Laing »

The Kaiser's recent Imperial Decree 538, apparently portending to give himself the capability to handpick Dukes for Duchies, ignores the wonderful and distinctly Shirerithian autonomy of the Duchies and their leaders. This autonomy has been enshrined in our charter and history for ages. I propose that the Adelsraad pass revoke the Kaiser's Decree (1).
A RESOLUTION of the Adelsraad to Revoke Imperial Decree 538

WHEREAS, the Kaiser's recent Imperial Decree 538 ignores precedent, the spirit of the Charter, and Shirerithian history in attempting to give the Kaiser the ability to select a Duke for a ducal vacancy in Duchy over the wishes of the outgoing Duke for that Duchy.

WHEREAS, the Adelsraad hereby revokes Imperial Decree 538: "ON THE APPOINTMENT OF DUKES".

HENCEFORTH, be things things resolved on the Date of the passage of this resolution by vote of the Adelsraad.
I motion to vote on the resolution.

(1) From Article III of the Charter: b. The Adelsraad shall, by unanimous vote of the Dukes present and voting, have the power to revoke any decree of the reigning Kaiser.

ConglacioII

Re: A Resolution to Revoke Imperial Decree 538

Post by ConglacioII »

, the spirit of the Charter
Is it in the spirit of the Charter to promote the idea of having a Dutchy or Duchy remain without leadership through stagnation of it's government?

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Hmm. Good point. I hereby withdraw my resolution and motion to vote on it.

Monty

Post by Monty »

Are you sure? I happen to agree that this is the Kaiser attempting to extend his control into places he shouldn't by virtue of the Mango Charter.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Kaiser Ayreon II

Post by Kaiser Ayreon II »

Honourable Dukes of Shireroth,

The decree that Lord Goldshire wants to revoke was written so that the Duchies of Shireroth would make own procedures. The Charter says that while duchies "may make procedures" for appointing dukes, the Kaiser holds the right to appoint dukes when there are no procedures or when procedures fail to appoint dukes.

Lord Goldshire wants to revoke the decree that encourages the duchies to make procedures for appointing dukes. I ask why Lord Goldshire would do such a thing. As far as I know, there are no procedures for the succession in Goldshire.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Your Niftiness,

I no longer want to revoke Your Decree. I, most unfortunately, had misinterpreted it. After rereading it after reading Conglacio II's comment, I realized it was a good Decree. I hope that this thread will be locked and moved into the archives.

Regards,

Gilles Melang

Return to “Shirithian Archives”