IMPERIAL DECREE 937: Ascending the Throne and Initial Plans

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Iakovos Raynor
Executed in accordance with imperial law

IMPERIAL DECREE 937: Ascending the Throne and Initial Plans

Post by Iakovos Raynor »

Iakovos I wrote:

Iakovos I, to His subjects and retainers, greetings.

IMPERIAL DECREE 937
Ascending the Throne and Initial Plans

Section 1: Ascension to the Throne

Iakovos I of the Line of Raynor is in charge of the Shirerithian government and shall be regarded as having been officially seated on the Throne.

Section 2: Regarding Ayreon IV

The Pretender to the throne presented who has been using the name Ayreon IV, and who has made completely invalid and null remarks the likes of which sound as if he is ascending the throne, which are at the same time both false and erroneous in the extreme, shall in recognition of his noble lineage be given the grand honor and title of "Grand Prince of Shireroth" and in this role shall be second to only the Monarch himself in rank and precedence and formal protocol. In addition, to shield the Pretender from the difficulties and stresses of such responsibility of such title and office at an early age, the Pretender, this child of the name Ayreon IV, shall be removed from Shirekeep to Iserdia, Elwynn, or if that location is insufficient, another quarter of Shireroth somewhat distant from the capital of Shirekeep, where he shall be kept secure by the Imperial Guards under direct orders of Us, Iakovos I, until he reaches the age of 18. His family members shall be given the option to take him in or accompany him on his journey to this secure location. During this time he shall be afforded the private schooling, servants, vacations, and lifestyle otherwise afforded any other noble of the royal family and house, including a royal manor and estate of a significant size, except that he shall not be allowed to visit Shirekeep or its surrounding area, including Cabbagefall. This shall be, of course, for his own benefit and well being.

Section 2: Imperial Officials and Cabinet

All imperial officials and cabinet under my late imperial cousin Noor shall see their powers and capabilities and responsibilities remain intact, including the current Steward, with a special exception noted in Section 3. Loyalty oaths shall not be required by Us; if they were ever used before, they shall now be considered to be abolished. Those who served my late imperial cousin shall have the option and right to continue to serve under Us. Over time, yea, we shall compile together a select group of persons whom We shall determine shall become our closest advisors and have our closest Ear, an Imperial Advisory Council perhaps, although We shall investigate the possibility of a different name. However all members of the government and royal court shall have our Ear.

Section 3: Concerning the Directorate of Internal Security (DIS)

Concerning the department of the government heretofore known as the "Inquisition", we hereby abolish the name "Inquisition" as culturally insensitive and historically inaccurate. The job title of the present leader of this department shall henceforth be changed to the Director of Internal Security. The department over which they are in charge shall be known as the Directorate of Internal Security, which may also be known as the Ministry of Internal Security. The Directorate of Internal Security shall be required to ensure that all of its decisions maintain and respect the ethnic, gender, and religious diversity of Shireroth.

Section 4: Imperator

We furthermore confer upon Ourselves the additional ceremonial title of "Imperator". Furthermore, during the reign of Iakovos I, this title shall be equivalent to and interchangeable with all other titles held by the reigning Monarch of Shireroth, including in legal documents. After the reign of Iakovos I, this title shall revert to purely ceremonial title only.

Section 5: Protocols, Foreign Affairs, Etc.

The foreign affairs status quo remains in place. We shall follow the advice of the diplomatic advisors to our late imperial cousin Noor.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF We have caused the Imperial Seal to be affixed to this Decree which We have signed with Our Hand on This Day 6547 ASC.

Iakovos I

Return to “Shirithian Archives”