Flying the Flag

Moderators: Franklin Ross, [Jingdao] Guanchang

Andreas the Wise

Flying the Flag

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Cla'Udi was deep in archiving when his aide found him. "Sir, I think you might want to see this?"
"Is it Bel'Agi's account of the Dark Ages?" Cla'Udi asked. "I've been looking for that everyone, someone's taken it and didn't note down who it was."
"No no, sir, it's not to do with your archiving, it's about events outdoors." Before he could get distracted further, the aide shoved the declaration into Cla'Udi's hands.
"End of an era ... no Dutches ... Apollonian Republic," Cla'udi read out. He looked up at his aide "Is this a joke?"
"I'm afraid not sir. It's a direct transcript, it was broadcast this morning."
"Oh my Sakat, a Melangian is just trying to get the archiving sorted, you get a mere 6 months in and then something like this happens," Cla'Udi said angrily. "Don't these people know how it works? If the Dutch is doing the wrong things, you replace the Dutch, you don't form a republic. If the Kaiser is doing the wrong things, you replace the Kaiser, you don't secede from Shireroth."
He paused for a moment, to collect his thoughts. "What is our response, sir?" the aide asked, taking advantage of the pause.
"Get me the Dutchal Anthem of 3350," Cla'Udi said. "It's the third line I'm interested in. In fact ..." He paused again, thinking hard. "Did I go to the last coronation? I don't think so. If I didn't, then I wouldn't have handed over the key to the Ocean Palace. Not that that means much - it's not a real key, just a ceremonial thing - but chances are they've forgotten it. Radio in to them - it's normally staffed by Melangians anyway. Tell them to lock down and that I want the subs here pronto. Those are good Jasonian made subs - they don't break down easily! And what do we have left of the Atterockian Navy?"
"Mostly museum pieces," his aide said, "but we have the plans still here. I'm sure we could rebuild them easily enough - it's not like warfare in Micars has changed much in the last 1500 years."
"Let's do that then," Cla'Udi agreed. "Hopefully we won't have to use them, but just in case ... As for our response - we still have three flag poles, don't we?"
"Yes sir, one from our old Barony days," his aide replied.
"We're going to use all three again then. I want the Melangian flag, the Shirithian flag, and the Atterockian flag flying high for all to see. And once they're up, take a photo of it and send a copy to every Kildarian Count, to the remaining Dukes or whatever they're calling themselves these days, and to Shirerkeep; and include a copy of the Dutchal Anthem."
"The Dutchal Anthem and the Atterockian flag - are you sure, sir?" his aide pressed.
"I am," Cla'Udi said. "If they're rulers worth their salt - if they know their history - they'll know what it means." And as his aide hurried off to do this, he muttered to himself, "And Sakat help us if they do."
Summary: Cla'Udi is disturbed from his archiving by some disturbing news. He takes defensive precautions for the county, and flies three flags:
along with singing the Dutchal Anthem of 3350. Some people may forget line 3 of the chorus, but not Melangia!
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: Flying the Flag

Post by Raz »

The people of Gong Li salute their saviors from the past and hope that a naval standoff between Kildare and Melangia would not drive cobalt prices high.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Hah, so even the librarians are going to do an attempt to resist? This could become... interesting. :sherlock:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

(That being said: any ship going through the Antya River would probably be bombed into the sea. :demon: )
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Andreas the Wise

PS: I totally get why Jacobus was always rebelling now - you come back and are like "Hey, this isn't how things should be, I don't have time to get up to speed ... right, let's rebel!"
It's a little worrying to realise my best years of micronationalism were three years ago now :p
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Andreas the Wise wrote:PS: I totally get why Jacobus was always rebelling now - you come back and are like "Hey, this isn't how things should be, I don't have time to get up to speed ... right, let's rebel!"
It's a little worrying to realise my best years of micronationalism were three years ago now :p
Haha. The good old days, huh. :wink:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Andreas the Wise

Trajan Myksos wrote:(That being said: any ship going through the Antya River would probably be bombed into the sea. :demon: )
If you can find us. :nuke: How's your sub situation looking?
Q - Director of SAMIN

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

I was considering letting the fortresses bomb the river quite frequently. You knows: throwing stones and such. =p
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Andreas the Wise

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but they tend to bounce off metal. Unless they're really big rocks. :yaar:
Q - Director of SAMIN

Raz

Post by Raz »

I propose to drain the river.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones, but they tend to bounce off metal. Unless they're really big rocks. :yaar:
Be assured that we having some in stock of those. :twisted:

(Thanks to our mountains in Central Kildare we can use quality rocks to squash not only the goats, but also any enemy!)
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

RasmOS wrote:I propose to drain the river.
There are already a lot of waterfalls which make manoeuvring not that easy. Probably throwing those rocks in it will eventually have that effect. =p
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Raz

Post by Raz »

No, rocks would have the opposite effect as they limit the waterflow. If we normalize the waterflow, water will flow out faster than it can gather in the basin around the ocean palace.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Are you proposing to not only drain the river but also the whole basin?
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Raz

Post by Raz »

Yes, Caudillo.

Andreas the Wise

It would be a little bit of an inconvenience if the Ocean Palace stopped being under water; but unless your rocks are very fast, I expect the submarines have got out by now.

Whether they can ever get back in is another matter entirely ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Andreas the Wise wrote:It would be a little bit of an inconvenience if the Ocean Palace stopped being under water; but unless your rocks are very fast, I expect the submarines have got out by now.

Whether they can ever get back in is another matter entirely ...
We still use the most sophisticated catapults!

OR AREN'T WE?!

:shifty:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Andreas the Wise wrote:It would be a little bit of an inconvenience if the Ocean Palace stopped being under water
You know, I'm not sure anything ever came of it, but some of my old notes totally had reference to an "Airborne Palace." Entire Ocean Palace, flying. Because why not, everything ELSE back then was flying.

I'm just saying! :8

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Harvey wrote:
Andreas the Wise wrote:It would be a little bit of an inconvenience if the Ocean Palace stopped being under water
You know, I'm not sure anything ever came of it, but some of my old notes totally had reference to an "Airborne Palace." Entire Ocean Palace, flying. Because why not, everything ELSE back then was flying.

I'm just saying! :8
That it went underwater means that your technology had some fatal errors in it... =p
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Raz

Post by Raz »

So they had a submarine elevator?

Return to “Norfolk”