An Appeal to the Lord General

Where diplomats can contact the Lord General.

Moderator: (Gralus) Lord General

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

An Appeal to the Lord General

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Your Excellency,

A dark shadow hangs over my land and I appeal to you for assistance before all hope is lost. With the scourge of rampant liberal human capitalism nipping hard at heals, I am forced to contemplate the unthinkable: the wholesale evacuation of my loyal subjects to new lands where they may exist, free from the schackles of unbridled greed and the inevitable social decay that follows.

Unfortunately, an evacuation of this magnitude is no small matter and so it is that I come before you, hoping that the great wisdom and accumulated magical knowledge of Gralus may offer an alternative to dismantling and flat-packing town and factories like the produce of a mythical Scandinavian furniture chain.

Please help us in our hour of need!

Lichbrook
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Andreas the Wise

Re: An Appeal to the Lord General

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Your ladyship,

What you are hinting at would require considerable magical power. While I myself am not highly knowledgeable on magical matters, my advisors assure me that moving whole lands to a different part on the same world is considerably difficult. In the days of the great mages, when the likes of Andreas the Wise, Nicholas the Mad, Demon of Fides, Arnole, Bayen Praygulin etc. still walked the world, it was possible for whole lands to be created in pocket dimensions with background magical energy, and for whole cities to be shifted from this world to magical planes; but since I think you desire no pocket dimension but a straightforward teleportation to a different location on Micras, that would be considerably harder - taking merely buildings and their contents would require quite precise teleportation; taking the underlying land as well would potentially cause massive seismological activity on arrival (or tidal waves, if you were to move to a sea). And though Nargoth remains as a Lord of Magic, the days of powerful High Druids and multiple Lords have ended, and depending on the size of location transferred, may be well beyond the magical powers presently available on Micras. If we're talking a single city, maybe.

I say all of this as a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical magical problem, and should not be taken as indicating any official Gralan foreign policy position on the Lichbrook question, as no such position exists yet.

As a side note, if you're worried about the scourge of rampant liberal human capitalism, you may want to steer clear of Gralus and particularly VBNC.

Kind Regards,
Vincent Waldgrave
Lord General of the Gralan Empire
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Return to “Diplomat's Tent”