Batavian Post

A central forum for general discussion, especially micronational related stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.
Warner Barentsz

Batavian Post

Post by Warner Barentsz »

Warner Barentsz

Re: Batavian Post

Sisera B.E.

Post by Sisera B.E. »

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Regarding the article on the MCS being mean: not to compete with MCS or Micras, but there are other planets in this galaxy, you know. Take, for instance, Nannoa:

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

The Nannoa Cartographical Institute (NCI) does not require any waiting periods or
minimum citizenship limits, although

Please note that the map is currently in Draft format--the Institute is currently working
with several technologies such as Paint.NET and The GIMP filters to

HIM Keita V

Post by HIM Keita V »

You can't even finish a sentence. Giles, go home, you're drunk.
Keita V
29th Safir Empress
Played by Carl

Warner Barentsz

Thank you for your readership Mrs. Keita.

Warner Barentsz

Warner Barentsz

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Holy shit :p
Soreaa Isurui
Steward of the State (Elwynn)
Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

One of the Rics

Warner Barentsz

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

The worst thing about the Green is that there is only one newcomer, the rest of them are just trying to test some ideas.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Mira Raynora Minor

Post by Mira Raynora Minor »

Flattering as it is to be described as the "mother" of the Green, I fear that overstates the truth..not that I would ever expect such a thing as "the truth" to inform such a paragon of journalistic integrity! :mrgreen:
Mira Raynora the Younger
Queen of Leichenberg
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž

Monty

Post by Monty »

Actually, a prime set of movers and shakers with the Green concept were the now defunct Ashkenatzans.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

As an explanation of the dead-space on the map, The Green wasn't a terrible idea (I think it was born of a skype chat between Aster and Octy) - it just seems that the attempt to make it Archipelago II and some sort of crèche for the mythical newbies was somewhat ill-starred.

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Then what should it have been?

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

Nothing at all, or rather something obliquely referred to in the background - useful for narrative purposes but if you bring it out into the light of day you just expose how painfully threadbare it is. The Silver Yak Horde operated under a similar principle, disparate hordes roaming about 'The Green' of Apollonia, sacking ruined cities and despoiling each other - it died owing to a lack of interest and the fickleness of the participants. It was an idea for a sketch, not an entire show and it held the attention of neither the audience nor the participants. That is the problem, the problem is not the ideas but the people and the people will never change (except as they leave and are not replaced).

Jake would say at this point that the Sector has been 'declining' for as long as he has been participating - and he would be right, it started at a base level of activity and enthusiasm and both of which steadily declined over time, and each attempt to kick start a revitalisation, Tymaria, Shireroth, the Grand Commonwealth, Bastion, Archipelago etc etc, has suffered from an absolute law of diminishing returns. This entire hobby, which I think Octy called 'Human History on Hyperspeed' the other day, is an absolutely fascinating example of entropy and life, time, conflicting priorities and the remorselessly cold and indifferent universe, collectively wear down its participants.

As I alluded previously, I find all this decline and fall stuff rather amusing. But on the plus side if Shireroth can manage to organise a recwar without falling into some sort of real argument or rage-fest before kick-off there might still be some legitimately non-perverse entertainment to be had in this place.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

I was going to do something The Greenish, but my motivation to do things has been stop-start for the past... 2 years...
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Warner Barentsz

Warner Barentsz

Return to “General Discussion”