Guess who's back? Back again?

A central forum for general discussion, especially micronational related stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.
Liam Sinclair

Re: Guess who's back? Back again?

Post by Liam Sinclair »

Yes, Gotzborg is back! Still very much a work in progress.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

That is interesting. Is the former King around or at least aware? And some of the web site seems still like it is from 2004.

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

Yes, same King (August Charles II) revived it and he's around. The website, which is indeed the original 2004 one, is in the process of being replaced with a new Wordpress site that integrates a range of functions including a learning management system for the Royal University and a filebase for the Public Records Office. It'll be launched next month once a few more key sections are added.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

Interesting for a lot of reasons. Its later years before were some of the first when I had returned to micronationalism and became heavily involved in the simulationist side of things, so it is relevand to me. I hope the WP site will look vaguely similar. And the LMS is of interest to me because one of my bigger goals these days is to start a legitimate college, with a somewhat religious pretext but broad in scope---less about teaching you the truth than helping you find out for yourself, and equipping you to help others do the same. Internet education gets a bad rap but it also makes education heckuva cheaper. I hate moodle but I don't know of a better choice that has anti-cheating mechanisms.

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

Moodle is indeed a pain to deal with which is why I shied away from it. I came across a free LMS that is a Wordpress plugin and it uses an independent testing plugin as well. Once I get some of the course content from the military college uploaded to it, I'll let you know so that you can play around with it as part of your evaluations for your college initiative.

Return to “General Discussion”