Introductions are in order

A central forum for general discussion, especially micronational related stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.
Craitman

Re: Introductions are in order

Post by Craitman »

Hey, I'm Craitman, although I do have a few other monikers floating around. I'm the King of Craitland (my own creation), Duke of Buthnock, in Victoria (as Adam Davidson-Hooper), and Prince of Norvík, in Normark (as Þórstein - although I haven't been active there in far too long now!). I've been involved in a number of [now largely dead] nations over the past few years and have contributed in others I've not officially joined. I started doing micronational stuff when I founded Craitland back in 2002, but I never became part of this community until 2006 when Craitland claimed land on Micras at the same time the "Lovely sector" nations started popping-up. Since then I've become more and more involved in the MCS's activities; I've been Chief Cartographer since early 2008 and Administrator General since late 2009. I'm seen as the metaphorical face of micronational sport, alongside Hieu (with whom I've run the FMF since 2006), and my unintentionally primary focus nowadays is on establishing sports tournaments in different nations. I'm also quite partial to culture building (usually if it's English- or Scandinavian-based), conlanging and the odd bit of backstorying. I try to be light-hearted and funny a lot of the time - I mean, aren't we here to enjoy ourselves? - but that humour's occasionally lost over the various ponds between the members of the community. I try not to be too confrontational, although arguments are inevitable in micronations, I hope I've never been too controversial with anything I've said or done, and I always intend to be approachable and helpful. If you need me, you're most likely to find me lurking around in background tabs on Hub.mn, Craitland and Victoria :)
Oh, and I do hope that at least a few of you like me! :P

In that crazy fantasy world of "real life", I'm a 20 year-old studying Media Communications and Screen Studies at Glyndŵr University (eventually!) and I'm originally from pretty much the middle of nowhere in the south of Devon, England - basically, if you imagine The Shire, you'd be thinking down the right route. I currently don't have a job but I'm looking at doing something within the local media in Wrexham. My main passions (micronations obviously notwithstanding) are association football (which I try and play on as regular a basis as possible), travelling (after covering most of western and central Europe two years ago, I want to add a lot more places to my checklist), learning about other countries' cultures and languages, and appreciating a good pint of cider with friends. Also, I like showing-off my vast knowledge of useless facts - does anyone really need to know the flags of hundreds of countries and territories?! - so I do quizzes when and where I can :)
I've got a girlfriend too. And she even knows about my involvement in micronations. Yeah, I have no idea how that one works either...
Last edited by Craitman on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Hey, that makes two of us! I just recently (somehow, I dunno) got a girlfriend, and I've told her about this before. Though I dunno if she understands all the specifics, but still.
/second shameless interruption.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

My wife met some micronationalists and didn't divorce me. Proof that geeks can find she-geeks!

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Hooray! There is still hope! :D
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I am Hesam Jayatar, Emir of Sajin.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 16, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Hi, I'm Aryeztur, known generally for creating Aryez, but actually I've been in Antica some form or the other almost since I joined this hobby in 2005 and I've got Antican pride. Micronationalism gives me a chance to test political and cultural ideas in my realm as well as talk with interesting people. I do enjoy the debates that go on here. Currently on a leave but I'll be back soon. This is because I'll be graduating soon with a BA in International Affairs and Political Science and I've had to write three theses. In real life I live in DC when I'm at school and NY when I'm not at school.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Brian Barry

Post by Brian Barry »

Hi I'm Philip/Phil, and I have my own emoticon!: :fish:

I've been in micronationalism since 2007 first with the Most Glorious People's Republic of A1, and thenafter November 2010, the Federated Republics of A1. That was also about the time that we claimed land on Micras and we became much more involved in the Micras Sector, mainly because we like it more. I've never willingly been a citizen of any other micronation, although I do sometimes help out with newer micronations in the MicroWiki Sector. <shameless self-promotion> I'm also heavily involved with the Organisation of Active Micronations, which is the largest intermicronational organisation in history </shameless self-promotion>.

In the mythical realm of real life, I'm another at least slightly loopy Australian, but I live in the cold corner of Australia (known as 'Mexicans' to those further north) - in Melbourne. I'm currently studying for a BA with a major in Politics and Asian Studies, so excuse me if I go on rants on those topics. Ialso have alarge bank of almost useless information, mainly in the area of geography (capital of Togo, anyone?...anyone at all...?) and military history, namely the Second World War. My girlfriend has also been introduced to micronationalism and hasn't run away screaming yet, so I guess that's a good thing.
Me

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Philip Fish wrote:Ialso have alarge bank of almost useless information, mainly in the area of geography (capital of Togo, anyone?...anyone at all...?)
Same. Lomé.
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Brian Barry

Post by Brian Barry »

Craitman wrote:
Philip Fish wrote:Ialso have alarge bank of almost useless information, mainly in the area of geography (capital of Togo, anyone?...anyone at all...?)
Same. Lomé.
Oooh cool :) Then again, hardly surprising that the Administrator of the MCS is interested in geography I guess :P
Me

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Hi, I'm Thadeus Lange Jr. I view this as an artistic and aesthetic diversion as well as role playing that I find somewhat entertaining when bored from anything else.
Last edited by Thadeus Laing on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Hi, I'm Shyriath Bukolos. I'm 28 years old, I live in the wasteland between Pennsylvania and Virginia, and despite having gotten a B.S. in Environmental Science I wound up working for the government of said wasteland in a minor tech support role. Yay!

I've been around and about in the hobby for a while now; I started noticing it around 2001, came up with a few micronational concepts myself that I never really pushed into the public eye, and finally started participating by 2003 or so. I created a micronation that failed spectacularly, but which got merged into (and introduced me to) Shireroth, which has largely remained my micronation of choice ever since. While there I've been a head of fictional history, a Director of Cartography, Duke of several Duchies, Steward, and Kaiser (twice). More impressive is that I've managed to do this in between randomly dropping off the face of the earth every few months. By now, that habit should be counted as normal, although I've managed to maintain tenuous contact with the micronational world through the latest period of near-silence due to my responsibilities at the MCS. If for some reason you want more detail on my activities up to 2005 or so, see here.

I'm not naturally the most social nor talkative of people; if I don't know what to say on a subject, or have nothing worth saying, I try to say nothing. On top of that, I don't talk easily with people I'm not familiar with. This means I spend a lot of time lurking around silently, and it probably helps account for why I slide in and out of activity so easily. It also means that in IM or chat I can come across as aloof; but mostly what it means is that I'm waiting for the next thing to say to appear in my head. On the plus side, I occasionally manage some artistic niftiness.

And, like Harvey, I also like ponies. Deal with it.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Fizzybeetroot

Post by Fizzybeetroot »

Hello everyone, I'm John and I'm going to give you a guided tour of the latest revolution in computer technology, the Mactini., and I've just registered at the recommendation of CJ Miller (who I've known online for a while now). A little about me for anyone who's interested: I'm based in North Yorkshire, England, and I'll shortly begin studies in Jazz Performance at Leeds College of Music. I was a member of and later ran a small micronation for a few years, which is unfortunately kind of dead now, and that's the extent of my micronation experience.

I'll be looking around the board for a while to get a feel for how things work, and I should begin to post more over the coming days.
Edric Sharpe,
Journalist, International Person of Mystery, and Sometime Politician

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Welcome John! :D

Suppose I should introduce myself here, as well!

I'm Daniel, sometimes called Ric (yeah, confusing, I know). Come from Sweden. Uh... What else? :P

I'm in Elwynn, Babkha and Shireroth :)
Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

AND ARCHIPELAGO. DON'T FORGET!

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Sounds like a VIOLATION OF TRI-CIT TO ME

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

Kaiser Gaelen IV set the precedent that participation in Archipelago doesn't constitute a citizenship.

Entropious

Post by Entropious »

Fizzybeetroot wrote:I'm based in North Yorkshire, England, and I'll shortly begin studies in Jazz Performance at Leeds College of Music.
What instruments do you play?

Fizzybeetroot

Post by Fizzybeetroot »

Entropious wrote:
Fizzybeetroot wrote:I'm based in North Yorkshire, England, and I'll shortly begin studies in Jazz Performance at Leeds College of Music.
What instruments do you play?
Piano is my first study, and I also play saxophone and sing. There are a few other things I can play, but don't practice.
Edric Sharpe,
Journalist, International Person of Mystery, and Sometime Politician

Entropious

Post by Entropious »

I'm a trombonist! I just graduated with a degree in music education. Jazz Performance sounds like a fun degree program - good luck with your further studies!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

We now have two musical beets.

Return to “General Discussion”