One million wikis and a slightly odd bank

A central forum for general discussion, especially micronational related stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.
Brandon

One million wikis and a slightly odd bank

Post by Brandon »

Someone has the name "Brandon" in the Bank and I don't think I ever registered so does anyone know who it could be?

Also the ShireWiki which I had thought was the most active in Bastion is very outdated even to the point of not having an article on the Union. Perhaps it would help the wikis be active if there were just a single one for all of Bastion.

Warner Barentsz

Re: One million wikis and a slightly odd bank

Post by Warner Barentsz »

ShireWiki is the only Bastion wiki, all other nations here are dead and buried.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

The problem with that theory is that ShireWiki was the one I was talking about being somewhat outdated, although it might still be more up to date than any of the others.

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

In case you hadn't noticed the fetid swamp has been largely drained and even in this last stagnant pond the majority of fish have already died and are rotting on the surface. ShireWiki is the de-facto bastion wiki now and even the updates there are fitful rather than systematic. People are not sufficiently interested or motivated to do a mass update therefore the wiki will continue to be somewhat anachronistic.

If I recall there was once a bloke in Antica called Brandon. I am pleased to report therefore that as far as the Bank is concerned your name is not your own.

Are there any further questions?

HIM Keita V

Post by HIM Keita V »

HIM Keita V wrote:Ardy, if all you're going to do is bitch about the state of micronationalism I suggest you take the only action you can to improve it: fuck off.
Keita V
29th Safir Empress
Played by Carl

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I AM the "bloke" in Antica called Brandon.

Warner Barentsz

Post by Warner Barentsz »

HIM Keita V wrote:
HIM Keita V wrote:Ardy, if all you're going to do is bitch about the state of micronationalism I suggest you take the only action you can to improve it: fuck off.
:joker:

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Ardy's face-punchable tone aside, the man has a point. But I think it mostly has to do with the fact that updating wikis is wildly unrewarding. You spend a day researching a few things for articles nobody is reading because they don't even know they're there or have been updated.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

If just the Micras wiki were to be made 'official' and each interested nation would get a portal there, things would be better.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Jack wrote:If just the Micras wiki were to be made 'official' and each interested nation would get a portal there, things would be better.
True, but this group is really, really bad at teaming up and making anything official, which is why we ended up with so many wikis in the first place.

Edgard II

Post by Edgard II »

Jack wrote:If just the Micras wiki were to be made 'official' and each interested nation would get a portal there, things would be better.
^^^^ This.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I wouldn't go to the ShireWiki to find out about the "Union", is that meant to refer to Bastion? Or Elwynn? It's not for OOC micronational things like that (though formerly it was so you might find some stuff on there about it), the focus is fictional history and culture of Shireroth, not the shifting sands of the sector.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I meant Bastion... and I don't think Bastion at this point can count as 'shifting sands of the sector, it's already lasted on a certain level longer than the GC (which is great considering what non-Babkhans thought about the GC at the time).

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Then maybe we should get someone knowledgeable but totally un-bitter and perfectly impartial to write an article on it... Harvey, are erb still worth anything to you?
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

You always did have one of the better senses of humor.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I get the point that this was a joke, but I think not a single person or entity could possibly be totally unbiased about Bastion who are aware of it (probably not anyone who isn't aware of it either). I don't think Sealand would be unbiased.

Wait... Hutt River would probably be unbiased, or close to it. It's sort of like being unbiased about baby pink. Everyone has at least a small opinion, but only people who either really love or really hate it care at all. So maybe you need someone who doesn't care about Bastion, but the apathy isn't born out of self-centeredness (as Sealand's would be).

Umm...

I don't know... this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshi%20Tatsu

Royston Merrick

Post by Royston Merrick »

Thank you for sharing the insight that disinterest does not equate with objectivity. Have you actually managed to convince anyone to use 'Vandalise That' yet?

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I haven't had time to edit it myself so I doubt it. August is always busy trying to get ready for college again -- about to be a 9th semester freshman ! yay mediocrity

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

At this rate, why not drop out and save your money?

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Brandon wrote:I haven't had time to edit it myself so I doubt it. August is always busy trying to get ready for college again -- about to be a 9th semester freshman ! yay mediocrity
I made an account ;)
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Return to “General Discussion”