Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

Daniel

Re: Foreign Laws on Hurmu

Post by Daniel »

Law of Stormark

Imperial Statute

To all and singular to whom these presents shall come, greetings:

LET IT BE KNOWN that it has pleased His Imperial Majesty, The Sovereign Viking Emperor to enact the following as National Law:

A STATUTE TO MAKE PROVISIONS CONCERNING THE RIGHT OF HURMU PEOPLE TO GO ON PILGRIMAGE TO THOSE OF THEIR SACRED LAKES THAT LIE WITHIN THE BORDERS OF THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK AND MATTERS CONNECTED TO THE AFORESAID.

I. The Hurmu people are hereby granted and guaranteed the right to go on pilgrimage to those of their sacred lakes that lie within the borders of our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, without let or hindrance.

II. The Hurmu pilgrims may perform any and all rituals and ceremonies in accordance with their traditions, beliefs, customs, and practices, provided that such rituals and ceremonies are not in violation of the Laws of the Land.

III. On the coming into operation of this Statute all the land within 7 miles of the shores of the sacred lakes shall become Sovereign Crown Land.

IV. The State shall prosecute anyone who shall hinder, attack, molest, scold or in any way cause injury to Hurmu pilgrims, according to law and statute.

V. In times of war, National emergency or imminent danger to the State the right to go on pilgrimage to the sacred lakes may be restricted in accordance with law.

VI. The right to go on pilgrimage to the sacred lakes shall not apply to those persons who have been banished or exiled from our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire in accordance with law.

VII. Unless renewed by the Althing or granted an extension by the Sovereign this Statute shall cease to operate twenty years after it has come into operation.

VIII. This Statute may be cited as the Hurmu Sacred Lakes Statute of 2005.

IX. This Statute shall come into operation at once.

So be it!!

Done from the Imperial Hall on the Twenty Sixth Day of the Month Valaheim in the Year of Our Lord the Two Thousand and Fifth and of the Second Viking Age the Fourth.

Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver by the Grace of the Viking Law Sovereign Viking Emperor of the Viking Empire of Stormark and by the Grace of Other High Laws of His Other Realms King.

February 15, 2005.
Approved by the Althing on 28-3-2005.
Disturb not my sleep!

Daniel

Re: Foreign Laws on Hurmu

Post by Daniel »

Law of Stormark

Act of the Althing

To all Our Well-Beloved Royals, Nobles and Knights, and all Our other Well-Beloved Citizens whatsoever to whom these Presents shall come, Greetings:

LET IT BE KNOWN that We, Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver, The Sovereign Viking Emperor, have looked with favour upon the decision of the Althing of the Second Day of the Month Bilskirnir in the Fifth Year of the Second Viking Age that has been laid before Us:

AN ACT TO ENABLE THE FIMMTARDÓMUR TO HEAR AND DECIDE UPON LEGAL MATTERS THAT ARISE UNDER THE LAWS OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF HURMU.

Article I.

Subject to the laws of Hurmu the Fimmtardómur may hear and decide upon any and all legal matters that arise in the Principality of Hurmu.

Article II.

Unless renewed by the Althing or granted an extension by the Emperor this Act shall cease to operate ten years after it has received the Imperial Assent.

Article III.

This Act may be cited as the Fimmtardómur Hurmu Jurisdiction Act of 2006.

Article IV.

This Act shall come into operation immediatly after it has received the Imperial Assent.

In consequence whereof We have assented to and confirmed, as We hereby do assent to and do confirm the same as Law under Our Hand and the Great Seal of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire.

So be it!!

Given at Our Hall in Haraldsborg, in Our Thanedom of Gulathing, on the Seventh Day of the Month Bilskirnir in the Fifth Year of the Second Viking Age.

[seal]

Harald Torsten I den Givmilde, genom Vikingalagarnas Nåd Enväldig Vikingakejsare av Vikingakejsardömet Stormark, och genom andra Höga Lagars Nåd Kung av Sina andra Riken och Kolonier
Disturb not my sleep!

Return to “Laws of the Lakes”