Question of nationality

Explore the culture, land, and people of Elwynn. Here, we welcome you to visit, ask questions, and hopefully become a citizen.

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Aasmund Vigeland
Gnawing Cannibal

Question of nationality

Post by Aasmund Vigeland »

Sir,

I am writing to you in the matter of my nationality.

My name is Aasmund Vigeland. I was born in 1581 in Zanzibar Colony of Normark. In 1592, I came with my parents to Elwynn. They were both active in the UDF until 1602 when they moved back to Normark. I was at this time enrolled at the People's Academy and decided to stay in Elwynn, and have stayed here since.

I was going to do my annual two-week service to the UDF when the commander of Karmanjoomrim Military District told me that he had determined that I was not a national of the State of Elwynn (due my parents being Norse). I appealed to my guild in Karmanjoomrim, the Guild of Factors, but they agreed with the assessment of the military commander. I appealed again, this time to the Aldermen, and they have yet to hear my case.

Sir, if you would be so honourable and to help me solve this issue, which for me is very precarious and difficult, so I can be loyal to this State that has nurtured me since my childhood. I am Elwynnese and if you do not agree with me, let me be one.

I am your servant

Aasmund Vigeland
of Karmanjoomrim

(aka Ric)
Elwynn prevails!

Aasmund Vigeland | Аоосмунд Вигыланд
Supreme Commander of the Elwynnese Union Defence Forces
Minister of Military Affairs of the Republic of Shireroth

Tokaray al-Osman

Re: Question of nationality

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM

To: Officer Commanding, Karmanjoomrim UDF Training Depot, Karmanjoomrim Military District
CC: (1) Registry Office (Bailiwick of Karmanjoomrim), (2) Karmanjoomrim Chapter of the Guild of Factors

We are in receipt of a request from Subject Aasmund Vigeland, concerning his status as a National of Elwynn and his eligibility thereby for National Service.

In accordance with Article 2(5) of IoG 1605/V the Subject is to be classified as a Stateless Person and transferred to Port Illumination, Eastern March. He is to be instructed to apply formally for citizenship and nationality rights in the normal prescribed manner.

All data pertaining to this Subject held by the Authorities in Karmanjoomrim are to be digitised and forwarded to the Panopticon Main Office and the Bailiwick of Port Illumination.

The individual may volunteer for service in the UDF in the Port Illumination Military District. Advise the Subject that such service as a Hilfswillige would count in his favour when his application for nationality status is evaluated.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Return to “Tourism, Immigration, & Nationality Office”