Speech: Terrorist Attack on the Gate

Sindre Nemnai

Speech: Terrorist Attack on the Gate

Post by Sindre Nemnai »

Televised speech by Chairman Sindre Nemnai of the Senate of the Lakes

My fellow karjak-ka

An hour ago, several explosions rocked the Hurmu Gate site. The whole site is in flames. At this instance, neither the Senate, the Guardians nor the Gate Guard Authority has any evidence on the perpetrators of this act of terror. Investigations are underway as we speak.

The power-plant feeding the Gate complex has been blown up. The inferno there makes it impossible for rescue services to go further than 300 metres from the plant. They have found success in going to other peripherical parts of the complex where survivors have been found.

Forty-six survivors have been found and taken to hospital. We believe that some 370 persons were on duty at the complex at the time of explosion.

My brothers and sisters, at this moment of peril, we must remember the foundation of our people. We will not let us be succumbed to fear and violence. We will stay strong in our minds and hearts to combat evil where evil is found.

Right now, evil is among us. We must be vigilant. We must remain true to our Hanwen u-Brida, the foundation of our people's culture and way of life. If we don't, the terrorists will have won. They will have found their victory.

We will find the terrorists. We will bring them to justice. And we will remain united as a people, taking care of the wounded and the dead from this attack on our people's freedom.

If you know anyone who has been affected by the terrorist attack, help them. Show them kindness and affection. We need to be together now.

Not since the invasion of the Lyrican Republic on our shores, have we stood in this face of destruction. The Law of National Preservation remains in effect and the Senate will double its sessions and work day and night to keep us all free, safe and harmonious.

I wish you all peace in the name of our holy Lakes.
Sindre Nemnai
Forseten i Aldraraaðenom Sjooa i Hurmu
Be-Bega b'-u-Storbartar b'-u-Kwaj-ka w-Hurmu
Chairman of the Senate of the Lakes in Hurmu

Ric.

Royston Merrick

Re: Speech: Terrorist Attack on the Gate

Post by Royston Merrick »

Since 2245 hours local time the air control and warning and C3I assets, and medium heavy surface-to-air missiles of the Gate Guard Authority (Liðsskjaldarvaldeð) have been subjected to a systematic aerial bombardment from unknown quarters. Our security assets have been identified, isolated - subjected to jamming and other forms of electrical interference - and then ultimately engaged and silenced by parties unknown, but of evident hostile intent.

This has culminated in an attack on the Gate itself which occurred at 2300 hours. With our outer-defences paralysed we have been forced to repulse this attack using obsolete anti-aircraft guns and man-portable weapon systems as a point defence in order to prevent the Gate being overrun. This victory was achieved at horrendous cost, in terms of the loss of lives, and with the result of significant damage to the overall integrity of the facility itself.

The current adversary is unknown but the surviving personnel have reported to the Rapid Reaction Force, as it arrived at the scene, that multiple (30+) unmanned aerial vehicles were engaged. This limits the list of suspects I am afraid to those forces lately implicated in the destruction of Antica and the silencing of Albion and Tirlar. Gentlemen, dark days lie ahead of us if those forces are once more active. Ominously, of the 30+ 'drones' engaged and then driven off by weight of firepower directed against them, none were reported as destroyed or even disabled.

An attempt to undertake a more forensic examination of what can only be described as a battlefield is currently ongoing.

An update will be provided when we have more information that we can share with any degree of confidence.

Return to “Hurmu”