After a quick stop in Gralus,

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

After a quick stop in Gralus,

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I'm pleased to continue my tour back within the Union.

Are there any issues that need to be discussed?

How are the people of Hurmu?
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Sindre Nemnai

Re: After a quick stop in Gralus,

Post by Sindre Nemnai »

My Lord Prince

It is good to have you here. I am Sindre of the Nemnai tribe. I grew up by the shores of lake Nwem and the forests and fields around it.

Times are tough here. Trade is going bad, people are getting poorer outside the cities. It is becoming near impossible to live semi-nomadic these days. Only a few hundred people live as real nomads. A lifestyle is changing.

The young are looking to see the world, learn and study things beyond the reach of my grandparents. The primeval forest that has sustained a majority of the population of these lands of the Lakes seems to be become less and less inhabited. Some conservationists believe that is a good thing for nature, I believe it is bad. If people don't live there, they lose the spiritual connection to the forests. They will be brought down, little by little, and be replaced by farmland and then, later, by cities and industries. We will exploit the earth has has happened in large parts of the regained Borgar- and Frostathings.

But we don't know of any alternatives anymore. Some of the people have looked to the Keltian interior for hunting and seasonal living. None of the young stay nomad when they become adults, and few, very few of them return to their small villages in the forests or by the lakes. They want to live in bigger communities, nearer the roads, nearer the airports and harbours.

A way of life is deminishing. Although I do grieve it, I sense that this people has to adapt. It pains me, but I do not know...
Sindre Nemnai
Forseten i Aldraraaðenom Sjooa i Hurmu
Be-Bega b'-u-Storbartar b'-u-Kwaj-ka w-Hurmu
Chairman of the Senate of the Lakes in Hurmu

Ric.

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Re: After a quick stop in Gralus,

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Is there any way that the Union government can help you?
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Return to “Hurmu”