A humble suggestion from the former Commissioner

Licentia pro totus

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Luix Rakira

A humble suggestion from the former Commissioner

Post by Luix Rakira »

Dear Amokolians:

Some of you will call me a tyrant. A puppet. An autocrat. An oppressor. But before the return of Orion as your Premier I worked to provide Amokolia with stability and functional government. I still maintain a household in Petersburg, in former Vattnaland, despite it being torn away from the rest of Amokolia. Please keep in mind my past services to Amokolia as you consider my words today.

It has been suggested elsewhere that the Federation be put under the protection of the Dominion of Natopia. As Elwynn considers her bright future aligned again with Shireroth, Amokolia must decide its own future as well. You have always been in a unique and coveted geopolitical situation. You are the keystone to Benacian peace and prosperity. When Amokolia shakes the whole continent shudders. You must proceed carefully and prudently in the coming days as the other union territories decide their fate too.

One option would be to ally yourselves with the other Union Territories. This may seem the most sensible short term solution. However, the territories themselves have little in common with each other. The territories were not united to each other, but only tied to Elwynn as a central coordinating hub. How would a union of these disparate territories maintain the stability and guidance required for ever-passionate Amokolia?

A self-evident option would be to simply join Shireroth, or even Ashkenatza. Both nations are home to your countrymen and Ashkenatza has a proven record of respecting the cultural minorities and enclaves within it. I'm sure many of you still have family that live across the border now after the partitioning Amokolia suffered upon its independence from Victoria. You would, however, be joined to one or split between both of them, the two primary movers and shakers of the continent, and would be at peace. Quiet, simple, peace. No one would worry about Amokolia anymore as you would be removed as a viable actor in continental affairs forever. Amokolia would give away something more important that control over foreign affairs or military: you would cede its relevance!

Another much bolder option would be to seek protectorate status from Natopia. Natopia assisted Amokolia during Lengois reclamation. Natopia has never had claims to Amokolian land and it is effectively neutral in all Benacian affairs. Natopian protection would not bring immediate or long-term conflict to Amokolia as they are on good terms with Shireroth and neutral terms with Ashkenatza. The Dominion is far away, so Amokolia would enjoy considerable autonomy, certainly more than it had under Elwynn where, unlike the other union territories, it did not have the many thousands of miles to protect it from meddling from Eliria. The Dominion also maintains a global presence, so Amokolia would be able to enjoy and benefit as much or as little as such resources provide it. Natopia has protected several autonomous nations in its past, each time guaranteeing the right to unilateral secession and respect for self-determination. By aligning Amokolia with Natopia, you will maintain Amokolia's distinctiveness, draw from the stability and proven longevity of the Natopian nation, and preserve and enhance Amokolia's importance on the Benacian continent.

Whatever you decide, I would like to continue to assist you on your journey by selling my Vattnaland residence (now located in Araxion) to live in Anun.

Humbly yours,

Luix Rakira,
former Commissioner for Amoklia and Saentor for Vattnaland
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Lord Erion

Re: A humble suggestion from the former Commissioner

Post by Lord Erion »

Mr Rakira,

Your courteous and reasoned missive is most welcome, and indeed the potential options open for the future of the Federation are quite numerous.

Obviously a decision of this nature is not something to be rushed, but I am sure the people of Amokolia will make the one that they feel is the most appropriate at the time.

Once again, thank you for your advice and kind offer. We hope that we can continue some kind of relationship with yourself and Natopia in the future, irrespective of what happens to the Federation as a whole.

Obediently yours,
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Soreaa Isurui

Post by Soreaa Isurui »

Mssrs Rakira, Erion,

I do sincerely hope that Amokolia will find its way throughout this situation. The Articles of Federation would naturally have to be followed. Confident that Natopia would respect those Articles in the highest, I must nonetheless stress the importance of them.

I understand that Mr Rakira, as a former commissioner, could claim a right to Amokolia Proper, thus become its elected member in the Federal Assembly. Lord Erion, I assume you would represent Greater Mishalan. If needed, due to my associations with Mr Heymer, I am willing to represent Leng and, more importantly, the commitments made to him.

I remain, Gentlemen, your friend
Soreaa Isurui
Steward of the State (Elwynn)
Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

One of the Rics

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

As I understand the Articles of Federation Amokolia does indeed require an Assembly to legislate and enact the most basic functions. Amokolia will soon become sovereign and independent, and it needs a government first before it can decide what to do. We must not be caught off-guard should Elwynn and Shireroth advance suddenly in their negotiations, leaving us alone and without guidance.

Ms. Isurui has proposed a reasonable and legally acceptable plan to ensure the Federal Assembly continues. I believe us three assembled should begin the process of campaigning in our declared constituencies and call for emergency elections there.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Amokolia Archives”