[Poll] A Flag for the Federation

Licentia pro totus

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

[Poll] A Flag for the Federation

Post by Orion »

With the 3 Degrees of Separation Act in place, Amokolia is transitioning to a federation. The traditional flag of Amokolia, of a red cross on a white field in the canton of a red banner, is being used exclusively by Amokolia Proper now. To better represent the equality of the three constituent states and our embarkation into this brave new world, we must adopt a new federation flag.

We currently have two new designs in addition to the provisional federation standard. As a federation that enshrines democracy we are opening a public poll, accessible to all Elwynnese - not just Amokolians - to receive design feedback and opinions in order to help us narrow the design down to a standard that we can be proud to fly.

The provisional federation flag at present:

The three stars represent the three states: Amokolia Proper (white), Greater Mishalan (red), and Leng (blue), and roughly mimic their geographic distribution. They are on a blue field representing Elwynn and democracy.

Design # 1:

This design is a stylized version of the newer Elwynnese flag. Blue and white on the outer edges emphasize our ties to Elwynn. The red in the middle is the traditional red of Amokolia. The three stars represent the three states as in the provisional flag.

Design # 2:

This version attempts to use stylized swirls to represent the three states instead of using stars (excepting that on a red background they look like crap).

We welcome design comments, opinions, alternatives, and contributions to assist us in narrowing down the decision to a finalized product.

Emir of Raspur

Re: [Poll] A Flag for the Federation

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Two. Rather good if I might add.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

How about design two but instead of the swirls, just add another bar in the centre?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Orion

Post by Orion »

That would however eliminate the symbolism of representing three states.

Orion

Post by Orion »

After playing around in GIMP, here's a new design with larger swirls.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I like the swirls! But... I think a flag should be easy to sew and easy for a school kid to copy. Maybe the swirls could be on the federation's emblem? Three bars would keep the three states. The bars could be coloured too.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

I quite like design #2 as well.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Orion

Post by Orion »

I'm quite certain a child can paint a swirl on a piece of cloth and call it a flag. ;)

But I'll play with a 3-bar version and see what comes of it. At this point # 2 is winning!

Tarjei Einhornsson

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson »

I find myself gravitating towards the more traditional #1.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Not that I'm really important around here, although I used to be involved in the independent Amokolia a bit, but I'd like something along the lines of #2 but with the stars in the provisional flag as opposed to the swirls :)
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Return to “Amokolia Archives”