[Sænate] First session: rules of procedure

Licentia pro totus

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Elijah Ayreon

[Sænate] First session: rules of procedure

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Fellow Sænators,

Welcome to the Sænate of Amokolia. It is important that we build institutions for the Amokolian government so to secure the Amokolian place in the union and the stability and welfare for our people.

As such, I move that we begin the Sænate session by adopting rules of procedure:
The Sænate of Amokolia, acting under the Articles of Preservation, adopts the following rules of Procedure for the Sænate.

1. Any Sænator may at any time propose a bill or other measure before the Sænate. Upon proposal there will be 72 hours of debate followed by 72 hours of voting.

2. During all votes, the Sænators may cast AYE (in favour of the proposal), NAY (against the proposal) or record their presence without voting.

3. The presiding officer of each proposal shall be the proposer of the proposal, and he or she shall ensure the adherence to these rules.

4. It shall be permissible for the presiding officer to reduce or increase the time for debate or voting should a motion of such come from another Sænator.

Done at Anun, [date]
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Lord Erion

Re: [Sænate] First session: rules of procedure

Post by Lord Erion »

Nice and concise. :) I second this.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

I think we should vote on this now.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

I agree.

I shall vote aye.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

Aye.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Amokolia Archives”