Legality of Election (Membership and Votes)

Alazdê Exion

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Elijah Ayreon

Legality of Election (Membership and Votes)

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

To the High Commissioner and the Commissioners of Justice of Elwynn

PETITION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW RE ELECTION OF PRINCE

SUMMARY

Doubt exists over the constitutionality of the princely election due to

a) the rulings of the President re the votes of Mssrs Melang, Ra-Alban and Erion; and

b) the precence of Mr Ra-Alban in the Senate and the barring of Mr Alexander in the Senate.

Court is thus request to rule on these incidents as well and issue an injunction against the declaration of a victor in the election.

TIMELINE OF VOTE

1. President declares nominations for Prince.

2. Mssrs Einhornsson and Loki declare their candidacies.

3. Mr Alexander speaks in the Senate.

4. Mr Einhornsson protests to the presence of Mr Alexander who is subsequently removed from Senate security clearance by act of administration.

5. Mr Ra-Alban enters the Senate, protests to Mr Einhornsson's administrative decision.

6. The President answers the dispute.

7. Questioning of candidates begins.

8. Voting begins by order of President.

9. Mr Melang votes "Present", changes later vote to "Jacobus",

10. Mr Ra-Alban votes.

11. Mr Erion votes.

12. The President declares the votes of Mssrs Melang and Ra-Alban invalid (in the first instance because of the change of vote, in the second because of Mr Ra-Alban's lack of membership in the Senate), declares Mr Einhornsson elected Prince of Elwynn.

13. Mr Loki disputes the President's declaration, joined by Mr Erion.

MR ERION HARRASSED BY SISERA BAT ERASMUS

In a conversation between Mr Erion and me, Mr Erion said "I've just received the offer of a small 100Erb bribe to vote for Tarjei" and continued with "From Sisera BE".

I replied to Mr Erion "you do realize this is serious stuff | we have to publish that kind of stuff | and persecute it | prosecute"

Mr Erion said: "Well of course, but of course an awful lot of people now know I might have accepted the bribe if I vote for Tarjei, so it makes Tarjei's campaign look a bit bad, doesn't it, especially as vested interests are officially involved."

Later, Mr Erion said: "In the meantime, I will see if they are prepared to increase their offer.
Final offer, 250Erb to vote for Tarjei or abstain & let Ardashir vote."

I asked: "is that what sisera said?"

Mr Erion replied: "Yes. Naturally I shall decline it disparagingly when I cast my vote."

If Mr Erion was indeed offered 100-250 erb for voting as Sisera bat Erasmus, Queen of Saksenland, directed, and the Jingdaoese agent on #micronations, "Erasmus", spoke openly of this (which I hope Mr Loki and other participants can confirm), then it would be an open fact that Queen Sisera tried to bribe Mr Erion. This is serious. It is not only possible, but probable, that Mr Erion's vote was influenced by Queen Sisera -- perhaps not as she desired (or perhaps as she did, calculating as she may be) by in effect barring Mr Erion to vote for Mr Einhornsson. The influence of Queen Sisera must be taken into account.

MR MELANG'S VOTE

Mr Melang, a member of the Senate, changed his vote as indicated in the timeline to which the President disagreed. Precedents of the Senate, however, show, when the Senate was bound by a different constitution, that changing ov votes in princely elections were possible.

In the princely election after the assassination of Prince Daniel, two votes (the votes of Mssrs Osmani and Soleimân) were changed from for Mr Osmani to for Mr Dariolin.

The final results from that election show that Mr Dariolin was duly elected with 4 votes against 2 votes for Mr Erion, 0 votes for Mr Osmani and 0 votes against all and 0 abstaining votes. Had the votes of Mssrs Osmani and Soleimân not been changed, it would have thrown the Union in a nconstitutional crisis with two votes for each candidate.

REQUEST FOR INJUNCTION

1. The Court is requested to make an injunction against the results of the Election until rulings (see below) have been made. The effect would be to suspend the declaration of results of the election until such time that the Court has ruled.

REQUESTS FOR RULINGS

1. The Court is requested to rule on the legality under the law of the Alexander/Ra-Alban dispute and its effect on the election.

2. The Court is requested to rule on Mr Melang's non-recognition of his vote due to it being changed.

3. The Court is requested to rule on the effect that the attempted bribery of Lord Erion has had on the election.

4. The Court is requested to rule on the combined effect of the rulings of 1-3 will have on the election, with particular concern to the legality of the election itself. Is, for example, the entire election spoilt?

REQUEST FOR PROCEEDINGS

In these determinations, I request that the proceedings will be held open and that representations from all interested parties shall be allowed, namely:

The President of the Senate (Aurangzeb al-Osman)
The Members of the Senate
Malachi Ra-Alban (if he is not already a senator)
Scott Alexander (if he is not already a senator)
Sisera bat Erasmus

Submitted on 2 Fasmas 616

Elijah Ayreon
Senator.

Luix Rakira

Re: Legality of Election (Membership and Votes)

Post by Luix Rakira »

As Associate Commissioner of Justice I thank Senator Ayreon for this petition. I will await for my colleagues to announce their intent to hear this case as well.

Commissioners Hugh Bador (wherever you are), Zand Gozar, and Jonas Windsor, please assist me.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Sisera B.E.

Post by Sisera B.E. »

Of course my name was just used by the Batavian Post for another piece of quality journalism:Lord Erion, the honest Elw

Sisera B.E.

Post by Sisera B.E. »

(also, should it come to legal proceedings, I only recognize the court of my dear father the Heavenly Light, all other courts are based on heresy)

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

pff... Elwynn... They can't even elect a prince in a proper way... ;)
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

Lord Kilkelly, as you are not a respondent in this case I will ask you to refrain from improper commentary or I will hold you in contempt of this Court.

Lady Sisera, as you have proclaimed disdain for the legal traditions and already refuse to participate in this proceeding I will ask you to refrain from further unwarranted commentary unless this Court compels you to provide testimony. And at that time you will provide only testimony, not useless commentary.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I would like you to adress me with Prince of Calbion.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

If it may please the Court,

I am available to serve both the plaintiff or the respondent pro bono, either at private direction or the direction of the Court. My competence and ability to serve in an unbiased fashion as a long-time member of the Mango Bar should be self-evident.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Zand Gozar

Post by Zand Gozar »

Due to a conflict of interest, I appoint Malliki Tosha to serve in my stead.
His Imperial Majesty Shahanshah Gozâr, The Irradiated Sun

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I challenge Zand Gozar's right to appoint anything here.... :8
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Honourable Commissioners, I withdraw these requests. Forgive me for taking up the Court's time.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

So noted. Case dismissed.

Now, let Elwynn heal herself.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

While I understand the rationale behind dismissing this case, any chance I can get a quick judgment on which of my personae is a Senator?

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

......and everybody non-violent out of jail!
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

With apologies to the Court, allow me to provide Mr Alexander with a solution.

Under the Gozar precedent, the Senate recognizes membership (OOC: even when characters change, so if you have a new character, it needs to be recognized. In the Gozar precedent, Zand Gozar was removed from membership at the same time as Tarjei Einhornsson was elected).

I would therefore advise Mssrs Alexander and Ra-Alban to agree to a proposed decision of the Senate clarifying the membership. Who Y is and who Z is would be for the two gentlemen to decide among themselves.
Decision of the Senate
on
CLARIFYING THE ALEXANDER/RA-ALBAN SITUATION

The Senate, considering the the confusion of membership in the Senate with regard to Mssrs Alexander and Ra-Alban, decides, from the date of enforcement of this decision, that:

(1) Y is a Senator of Elwynn, and
(2) Z is not a Senator of Elwynn, and
(3) no vote in which Z has participated in before this decision shall be SUBJECT to any appeal.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Thank you, your honor. May I ask you to propose this (so that there's no controversy over my account's ability to propose it, with Scott as the Senator and Malachi as not-a-senator?)

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

For clarification, according to the Senate's archives your senatorship has been recorded under the name of Scott Alexander for at least the past two years.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Return to “Court of Star Chamber”