IN THE NAME OF ELWYNN THE WHITE ORCHID LADY, WHO LOOKS UPON HER HAPLESS FOLLOWERS WITH MATERNAL LOVE AND PITY, WHO VIEWS ALL THEIR FEUDS AND FIGHTING JUST LIKE QUARRELS AMONG CHILDREN, AND WHO LONGS FOR HER FAMILY TO BE RULED BY HER CHILD ON MICRAS THE LONG-AWAITED MOST MIGHTY PRINCE THORSTEIN NOAH WHO IS ALSO OF THE ANCIENT BLOOD OF LONG LOST VALTIA AND THE MOST SACRED BLOOD OF THE LADY OF THE VANIR BEFORE THAT, AND BY HIS HEIRS AND SUCCESSORS OF HIS BLOOD IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW AFTER THAT; AND IN THE NAMES OF ALL THE GODS AND GODDESSES AND GODLINGS OF ELUIN AND SXIRO, OF MORS THE STERN AND TERRIBLE, OF ZURVAN FULL OF FIRE, OF TRUTH AND BEAUTY COLD AND CLEAR, OF BOUS THE BENEVOLENT BUTTERY BOVINE, OF FRIGGA THE FAIR AND ALL-KNOWING, OF FREYJA FULL OF LOVE AND COMPASSION, AND IDUNN OF THE MAGIC APPLES. IN THE NAME OF ALL THESE GODS AND GODDESSES AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO BE NAMED!
A ROYAL DECREE
THE HONOURABLE SOCIETY OF ST. HARALD'S EMERGENCY SERVICES
WHEREAS the Steward of Elwynn, His Imperial and Royal Highness Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on all Continents, Prince of Elwynn, Jarl of the Federation of the Seven Ports, Knight of the Holy Lakes was by means of a humble petition submitted by a group of highly respected and concerned individuals from all over the Lands of Elwyna prayed that he should be graciously pleased to issue to them a Decree of Establishment for an Emergency Service to be known as the Honourable Society of St. Harald's Emergency Services;
AND WHEREAS the aforesaid Lord Imperial on all Continents was humbly advised by the aforesaid Petitioners that the objects for which they should like the Emergency Service to be known as the Most Honourable Society of St. Harald's Emergency Services to be created are the protection, promotion, and advancement of health and safety by addressing emergency situations in the whole of the Flower of the North and the training of practitioners for the aforesaid most noble and humanitarian causes;
AND WHEREAS His Imperial and Royal Highness the Steward of Elwynn was also humbly advised by the aforesaid Petitioners that the Emergency Service to be known as the Most Honourable Society of St. Harald's Emergency Services is also to promote, set up, and engage in community awareness and prevention programs to help the public avoid, detect, and report emergencies effectively which is something that most of the people of the Lands of the Two Sacred Rivers had hitherto been lacking;
AND WHEREAS the aforesaid Lord Imperial on all Continents, having taken the aforesaid humble Petition unto his Imperial and Royal consideration, is minded to accede thereto and has promptly and diligently endeavoured to take the measures and actions to create and establish the Emergency Service to be known as the Most Honourable Society of St. Harald's Emergency Services within the borders of the Jewel of Many Facets;
THEREFORE, the Steward of Elwynn decrees, in the name of his Beloved Son His Riverine Majesty Thorstein Noah of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, King of Elwynn, Imperial Chieftain of Thule, Prince of Amokolia, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on All Continents, Prince of Natopia, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Lord of the Two Sacred Rivers and the Twelve Peoples, Duke of Froyalan, Duke of Northshire, Duke of the Lady Esther Isles, Jarl of Bernicia, Baron of the Fórntida Kærleikalanden, Baron of the Elw, Baron of Opplysta Smørvirket, Count of Araxion, Count of Cimmeria, Count of Storborg, Count of Wintergleam, Warden of the Flower of the North, Blood-Unifier of the Jewel of Many Facets, Scion of the King of Kings, as follows:
1. Upon the coming into effect of this Royal Decree, there shall established an Emergency Service to be known as the Most Honourable Society of St. Harald's Emergency Services.
2. The Most Honourable Society of St. Harald's Emergency Services (hereafter "the Society") shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a Common Seal, with the power to issue and amend its own Charter as well as to alter, vary, break and make anew the aforesaid Seal at its discretion.
3. The Society shall exist to, without fear or favour, serve the Public Interest and its main object shall be the promotion of its Public Purposes. It may also maintain, establish or acquire subsidiaries through which commercial activities may be undertaken to any extent it pleases.
4. The Public Purpose of the Society shall be the protecting, promoting, and advancing of health and safety in the Flower of the North by addressing emergency situations. The Society may also provide such services of a non-emergency nature as may be determined by or under the authority of its Board of Governance (hereafter "the Fréamót").
5. The Society may carry out or assist in any operations of an emergency nature, whether in the Elwynnese Union itself or elsewhere, and accordingly make such provision and take such measures for the rescue or safeguarding of persons and protection of property as it considers necessary for the purposes of that function.
6. Members of the Society shall be known as confrères, if male, or consœurs, if female, and have the indefeasible privilege to provide emergency and rescue services in the whole of the Elwynnese Union as well as to bear the postnominal honorific of CR.
7. The White Orchid Throne shall be free to confer the title of King's Rescuer upon preeminent confrères and consœurs, as a mark of of recognition of their outstanding ability and the high reputation which they have earned for their service to those in peril, and such confrères and consœurs shall be entitled to bear the postnominal honorific abbreviation of KR.
8. Any King's Rescuer shall be considered for appointment to the King's Court and Elwynns Konungurs Hirð as well as preferential advancement and promotion therein as well as within the Society.
9. To provide the Society with a solid financial and economic basis, it shall in perpetuity have the sole and exclusive right of providing emergency and rescue services in the Princely Precincts known as the Principality of Amokolia, the Principality of Arietta, the City and County of Eliria, the Duchy of the Lady Esther Isles, and the Federation of the Seven Ports. The aforesaid sole and exclusive right shall not apply to for-profit activities.
10. The Society shall have power to acquire and hold property, both moveable and immovable, and to contract, and may by the name by which it is known sue and be sued in the Court of the King's Bench, and shall also have power to do all other matters and things incidental or appertaining to a Body Corporate.
11. The Society shall, in accordance with its own customs, procedure and Charter, be administered by the Fréamót, which shall be elected by its membership in accordance with its Charter, provided that its initial Board of Governance shall be appointed by the White Orchid Throne from among the signees to the Petition submitted to the Steward of Elwynn concerning the establishment of the Society.
12. For the effective discharge of the functions imposed by this Royal Decree, the Society shall create in each Princely Precinct in which it is active a subordinate regional body to be known as a Priory which shall have such functions as conferred upon it by or under the authority of the the Fréamót. The same shall apply to any Bailiwick where the Society is active and create for the aforesaid purposes a subordinate local body to be known as a Commandery.
13. Each Priory and each Commandery shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall have power to acquire and hold property, both moveable and immovable, and to contract, and may by the name by which it is known sue and be sued in the Court of the King's Bench.
14. The Society shall also have power to create such other subordinate bodies which are consistent with its remit in law.
15. The Society shall further consist of such units and other elements as shall be organized from time to time by or under the authority of the Fréamót. A unit or other element organized under this Article shall from time to time be embodied in such component of the Society as may be determined by or under the authority of the Fréamót.
16. All other acts, laws, decrees, resolutions, orders, regulations, judgements, usages, or customs, if any, which are contrary to or inconsistent with the provisions of this Royal Decree shall upon the coming into effect of this Royal Decree be repealed, suppressed and superseded.
17. This Royal Decree shall come into effect immediately.
Given at the Palace of Krull under my Hand and the Seal of the Elwynnese Union this twenty-second day of Vixaslaa in the year 1629.
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Steward of Elwynn