Deimos Jasonides

[Proposal] Senya and Bloodsports Resolution

Post by Deimos Jasonides »

Mr President,
Senators,

I offer the Senate this proposed resolution:
The Senate of Elwynn,

Recognizing "bloodsports" as a crime against humanity;

Deeply concerned with the spread of "bloodsports" across the Imperial Republic; and disturbed by the promotion of this crime by certain groups in the Imperial Republic;

Welcoming the Senyan law to prosecute perpetrators of so-called bloodsports, wherever the crime is committed;

Encourages the Government of the Democratic Environmental Society of Senya to remain steadfast against the harrassment of sections of the Imperial Republic in order to have the law against the crimes against humanity repealed;

Strongly supports the efforts of the Government of the Democratic Environmental Society of Senya to remain a country based on the common values of human dignity and rights;

Expresses its hope that the whole Imperial Republic will one day see the day when Elwynnese values reign among all humans.

Elwynn prevails!
It is important for us to support Senya in this. Bloodsports and other crimes against humanity must end. Now.

The Coordinated Society cannot accept this. It's an affront on everything we stand for.
Deimos Jasonides| Деймоос Ясооннаи | Deimoos Jasoonnai
Grand Officer of the Holy Order of the Strait of Barbary
Former Prime Minister of the State of Talenore
Former Sovereign Prince of Elwynn

Just another Ric

Tokaray al-Osman

Re: [Proposal] Senya and Bloodsports Resolution

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

The motion is recognised. 90 Hours for debate are allocated as per standard procedures, after which a vote may be requested.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Deimos Jasonides

Mr President,

I move to reduce the debate time to one hour as per rule 35.

Just another Ric

Tokaray al-Osman

I think you mean rule 36. Senator, I am not minded to grant this - time passes all too quickly and matters are never as urgent as people believe. What benefit is there to curtailing the opportunity of senators (they do exist) to contribute their opinions?
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Deimos Jasonides

Mr President,

I don't believe any Senator would be in favour of crimes of humanity. That's why I thought we wouldn't need debate. But if others wish to convey their support, I will gladly accept that in the 90-hour debate stage.

Just another Ric

Deimos Jasonides

Mr President

Ninety hours have passed with no debate. I move to begin voting now!

Just another Ric

Tokaray al-Osman

A period of 96 hours is allocated for the purpose of voting. Votes in favour, in opposition or registering an abstention will be accepted.

Deimos Jasonides

IN FAVOUR.

Just another Ric

Tokaray al-Osman

Simrani-Kalirion: Aye
al-Osman: Aye

Return to “Senate of Elwynn”