A letter to the people of Elwynn

Bazâr Elîrion

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

DES Senya

A letter to the people of Elwynn

Post by DES Senya »

Dear the people of Elwynn,

In light of the recent conflict that plagued the River Warriors and Senya, we would like to apologise to the people of Elwynn.

Although Senya have never been officially allied with Elwynn, our friendship and respect for similar values has grown over time. An example of this was your supporting of us during the Bloodsports scandals. Elwynn has always assisted Senya in it's dealing with the intermicronational world, and we feel that we have betrayed that friendship, by our actions with the River Warrior War.

The military actions undertaken by our armed forces, and actions that have been performed in the name of Senya, have been contrary to the ethos that has served the Senyan people so well since our independence. That ethos, of caring, is one shared with Elwynn, and so to violate it also feels like we have violated our brothers in Elwynn too.

Although Elwynn had no interest in this conflict, I feel that the image of Senya has been tarnished somewhat by this conflict, and that Elwynn, which has been so welcoming and warm towards the Senyan conflict, has been stabbed in the back by our actions.

As such, to the people of Elwynn, I ask for your forgiveness, and guidance on how we can ensure such terrible activities never take place again.

Sincerely,
Barnaby Hands,
President of Senya
Barnaby Hands

Jonathan
Gnawing Cannibal

Re: A letter to the people of Elwynn

Post by Jonathan »

Dear Mr Hands

I very much appreciate your letter. The honesty and kindness within it shows the true ideals of Senya. Senya does not want war and inhumane practices.

While I cannot speak for the Elwynnese people, I can speak for myself and this government. I am saddened by the events in the conflict in Apollonia. War is, and will forever be, an insult to all civilization. But to recognize one's mistakes, one's causing of tragedies, the first step to a more civilized discourse and behaviour within a society is always a good thing, a positive thing that must be encouraged.

The Elwynnese government has no ill will towards its Senyan counterpart. I am confident that the friendship between our peoples will make these troubles lead to a further love for peace and human rights among our people.

I would invite the Senyan government, along with the Elwynnese government, to establish a Centre for Human Rights and Peace in our respective capitals, so that we can study and advance our shared ideals.

I have the honour to be your steadfast friend

Jonathan
Prince Jonathan
MIRZA JONATHAN MERLINGSSON AYREON-KALIRION

[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Prince of Natopia
Prince among the Lakes
Duke of New Aquitane
Duke of Haven
Count Shishin
Count of Northshire
Count of Arietta
Count of Cape Farewell
Count of Ransenar
Lord of Andelarion
Jarl of Frostarike
Baig of Upasāgara
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Of course it is obvious that our Prince wrote this answer on his own account and that this is in no way a representation of the views of the majority of Elw on subjects such as War and Bloodsports.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Kaiser Redquill
Blessed by the Admigods

Post by Kaiser Redquill »

To his credit, he did specifically state that he could not speak for the people.
Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth
Duke of the Duchy of Goldshire
Count of the Suthergoldian Countship

"May Fortune Guide Thee On Whichever Path Is Chosen"
-Ryker J. Everstone

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

That's why it was obvious.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North