Is there a future?

Bazâr Elîrion

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Kaiser Redquill
Blessed by the Admigods

Re: Is there a future?

Post by Kaiser Redquill »

I'm probably in a rather unique situation currently as I've not been around long enough to have any memories of "good ol' days" but still want to keep this place going. If the states weren't united as they are in Shireroth, we would all know true boredom as there would be way less reason to interact and I predict that it will start to look like the fall of Rome:

The government grows stagnant and decides to divide itself.

One side with most likely be more prosperous than its fellow divisions.

This might cause great migrations or ceding an entire division to the more well off one.

There will doubtlessly rise a second division which is now on a steady footing and attracting those who stayed behind and it will form a bitter rivalry with its counterpart if diplomacy is not pursued.

Wars ensue and borders are carved on a yearly basis.

One single uniting entity may settle the two parties for a time but said entity will likely suffer its own divide and fuel a new rivalry.

...You get where I'm going with this.

P.S. On my phone so don't hate on poor structure or missing details.
Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth
Duke of the Duchy of Goldshire
Count of the Suthergoldian Countship

"May Fortune Guide Thee On Whichever Path Is Chosen"
-Ryker J. Everstone

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

RasmOS wrote:
Mira Raynora Major wrote:Maybe it is. Mind you, others are constantly being obnoxious and getting away with it...so my thought for the day is "fuck it". Why be reasonable?
Sure, hope that also means you won't claim the moral high ground anymore?
Sorry, Rasmus not interested in quarrelling.
Nathaniel wrote:What I want to achieve has been what it always been: fun and community. Alone here in Elwynn, there is no community and no fun.

That's sorted. I'll leave this place tomorrow then :P

Unless I have second thoughts by then...
Ric...don't do anything hasty. Take a time out...consider your options and see if you develop fresh inspiration. :)
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

Mira Raynora Major wrote:Sorry, Rasmus not interested in quarrelling.
Then maybe you should refrain from calling everyone who doesn't agree with you psychotic? I see no reason why you shouldn't have chosen a normal adjective like "pathologically" or "overly" when you just wanted to express an opinion.

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

:OO:

Then you misunderstood. If you felt the comment was directed at you, for example, you're wrong. I was talking about past members of this community who I genuinely feel behave in a psychopathic manner, as in, they don't give a shit about anyone else.

I certainly wasn't using the term for people who simply disagree with me. However, the fact that that was your first thought does suggest that things have degenerated.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Raz

Post by Raz »

Mira Raynora Major wrote::OO:

Then you misunderstood. If you felt the comment was directed at you, for example, you're wrong. I was talking about past members of this community who I genuinely feel behave in a psychopathic manner, as in, they don't give a shit about anyone else.
Apart from the fact that psychopathic disorder is very different than psychosis, okay... Psychotic sounded like you just took a random mental illness and threw it at people. So now I can understand what you were trying to say, I will refrain from trying to discuss this further.

:wink:

Ephrion

Post by Ephrion »

Why can't Elwynn just proceed at its own pace. Everyone has 3 concurrent projects going on. Putting other projects ahead of Elwynn shouldn't be seen as proof of Elwynn's demise, it should be proof of its enduring interest. There was a time when Elwynn was supreme, it grew too large for Shireroth and broke free and did great things. Now we are back in Shireroth, we should not seek to emulate those days again. We can be introspective, we can devote time to ourselves now. Ending Elwynn won't solve anything, it'll just remove a culturally rich area for no reason.

Suspend the constitution, begin issuing decrees as you see fit (I will offer myself as your viceroy or deputy to counter-sign decrees) draw up 3 or 4 historic subdivisions, condense the rest, remove the vestiges of our independent forum structures, and focus on being a very very good Imperial State of Shireroth.
Ephrion Sin'felo

Nathan

Nathaniel
Vagrant who is the owner of two celeriacs

Post by Nathaniel »

Yeah you're right! I just needed to vent a bit.

Things will change around here :)
Nathaniel
NATHANIEL ANDRE UTAS AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE
[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Imperial Prince of Shireroth
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Master of the Cathedral of Eternal Slumber
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Lord der Stadt der Gestrandeten ...
Knight of the Holy Lakes
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

Ephrion wrote:Why can't Elwynn just proceed at its own pace. Everyone has 3 concurrent projects going on. Putting other projects ahead of Elwynn shouldn't be seen as proof of Elwynn's demise, it should be proof of its enduring interest. There was a time when Elwynn was supreme, it grew too large for Shireroth and broke free and did great things. Now we are back in Shireroth, we should not seek to emulate those days again. We can be introspective, we can devote time to ourselves now. Ending Elwynn won't solve anything, it'll just remove a culturally rich area for no reason.

Suspend the constitution, begin issuing decrees as you see fit (I will offer myself as your viceroy or deputy to counter-sign decrees) draw up 3 or 4 historic subdivisions, condense the rest, remove the vestiges of our independent forum structures, and focus on being a very very good Imperial State of Shireroth.
Yes. This.

:salute:
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Let's abandon the whole thing and start a new nation from scratch. Hilarity ensured.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Raz

Post by Raz »

Nathaniel wrote:Yeah you're right! I just needed to vent a bit.

Things will change around here :)
Of course Nathan is right. Your "evil plots" are not going to work without the Ardy taking your hand, your last evil plot gave me a nice micronation and you having to apologize for it. However, if you change the goals of your micronational efforts and want to make stuff, of course Elwynn is the right place for you. Nathan once wrote a nice prophecy about this in which Natopia would be the last remaining nation because of its attitude, not sure where to find that.

Lycurgus Wulf

Post by Lycurgus Wulf »

Good Morning,

A pleasure to see that things are going as well as always. In regards to the question of whether there is a future, I think it is important to consider the underlying trends, namely who actually still remains:
  1. Rasmus
  2. Jonas
  3. Brother of Jonas
  4. Jack
  5. Ric (Multiples of)
  6. Carl (Multiples of)
  7. Nathan (Multiples of)
  8. Krasniy
  9. Hippie Idiot Ryker
  10. Benkern
  11. Zombie Lolita
  12. Edgard (Multiples of)
  13. Idiot Vasroe (Multiples of)
  14. That Aryasht Chap
  15. Craitman
If you subtract the multiples, which would be charitable as it permits the skipping round of any suggestion of multiple personality disorders, you've got a little over a dozen chaps to divide between 11 national simulations and within one of those a further 5 "imperial states" (which are in practice another set of nation-state simulations with an ineffectual coordinator). I'm not saying you're all being feckless in subdividing your limited time and creative potential across too many potential vectors with the inevitable result of failure, disappointment and alienation, but... you clearly are.

Perhaps try doing one thing well, instead of many things in a shamefully bad way. Just a suggestion, as there are better geek hobbies out there.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

I like your optimism. It warms my cold heart over and over again. :wink:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Raz

Post by Raz »

Lycurgus Wulf wrote:If you subtract the multiples, which would be charitable as it permits the skipping round of any suggestion of multiple personality disorders, you've got a little over a dozen chaps to divide between 11 national simulations and within one of those a further 5 "imperial states" (which are in practice another set of nation-state simulations with an ineffectual coordinator). I'm not saying you're all being feckless in subdividing your limited time and creative potential across too many potential vectors with the inevitable result of failure, disappointment and alienation, but... you clearly are.
I'm pretty sure you don't quite understand how the goals of the hobby have changed. For most people here, the main fun is in creating their own subdivision, creating a common project is a secondary objective. I do think people who have more than two-cit are the micronational equivalents of "the village bicycle" though.

Lycurgus Wulf

Post by Lycurgus Wulf »

RasmOS wrote:
Lycurgus Wulf wrote:If you subtract the multiples, which would be charitable as it permits the skipping round of any suggestion of multiple personality disorders, you've got a little over a dozen chaps to divide between 11 national simulations and within one of those a further 5 "imperial states" (which are in practice another set of nation-state simulations with an ineffectual coordinator). I'm not saying you're all being feckless in subdividing your limited time and creative potential across too many potential vectors with the inevitable result of failure, disappointment and alienation, but... you clearly are.
I'm pretty sure you don't quite understand how the goals of the hobby have changed. For most people here, the main fun is in creating their own subdivision, creating a common project is a secondary objective. I do think people who have more than two-cit are the micronational equivalents of "the village bicycle" though.
In practice they have, for the most part, spread themselves too thinly to even manage that.

Raz

Post by Raz »

Agreed. Many village bicycles here.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

For some of us, Shireroth just isn't that much fun anymore, that's why we start other projects. I have seriously tried to be active in Shireroth and to do some stuff there, most of which was immediately met with bickering and annoying criticism.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Jack wrote:For some of us, Shireroth just isn't that much fun anymore, that's why we start other projects. I have seriously tried to be active in Shireroth and to do some stuff there, most of which was immediately met with bickering and annoying criticism.
Caudillo Tragic:
Shut up, Jacques.
:wink:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

RasmOS wrote:Apart from the fact that psychopathic disorder is very different than psychosis, okay... Psychotic sounded like you just took a random mental illness and threw it at people. So now I can understand what you were trying to say, I will refrain from trying to discuss this further.
I did mean to write psychopathic instead of pyschotic...my mistake. This is what happens when you're responding while tired out, somewhat stressed and simultaneously chatting to two friends on Skype. ;)
RasmOS wrote:I'm pretty sure you don't quite understand how the goals of the hobby have changed. For most people here, the main fun is in creating their own subdivision, creating a common project is a secondary objective. I do think people who have more than two-cit are the micronational equivalents of "the village bicycle" though.
*nods*

I'm all for collaborating with people. I'm just increasingly unprepared to waste my valuable free time- to say nothing of my creative energy- trying to work with people who are singing to a very different song sheet. I'm not saying their wrong and I'm right; merely that I prefer co-operation to endless conflict over fundamental expectations.

In practice, I'd much rather be part if a small project that is (mostly) pulling in a single direction to a large one where there is a lot of division and stress. Sadly, Shireroth is often like that.
Jack wrote:For some of us, Shireroth just isn't that much fun anymore, that's why we start other projects. I have seriously tried to be active in Shireroth and to do some stuff there, most of which was immediately met with bickering and annoying criticism.
I don't disagree with you, Jack. I enjoy working on Lichbrook as time and inspiration allows...but I'm not sure how much pleasure I derive from the common institutions. I'm certainly not in a great hurry to be Kaiseress again.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Kaiser Redquill
Blessed by the Admigods

Post by Kaiser Redquill »

Up until a few months ago, I was one of those folks who enjoyed being the only bug fish in my little pond of a county. Now I find myself to be the big fish in an ocean. I'm one of the rare few, it seems, who actually enjoys himself more often than not here. I'm afraid I can't really relate much here.
Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth
Duke of the Duchy of Goldshire
Count of the Suthergoldian Countship

"May Fortune Guide Thee On Whichever Path Is Chosen"
-Ryker J. Everstone

Yfirstormarksgythia

Post by Yfirstormarksgythia »

Kaiser Redquill wrote:Up until a few months ago, I was one of those folks who enjoyed being the only bug fish in my little pond of a county. Now I find myself to be the big fish in an ocean. I'm one of the rare few, it seems, who actually enjoys himself more often than not here. I'm afraid I can't really relate much here.
A High Priestess wishes to convey that is because Your Niftiness is still pretty fresh to the hobby.
Sigrdrífa the Priestess of the House of Vanadís
Ærkejarla of Thingeyri and the Idunn Isles
Yfirstormarksgythia and High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple

Storish Ambassador to the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation,and the Kingdom of Craitland.

Return to “Elirian Bazaar”