Letter to Nathaniel

Bazâr Elîrion

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Aasmund Vigeland
Gnawing Cannibal

Letter to Nathaniel

Post by Aasmund Vigeland »

This very brisk morning, before most people even had gotten out of their beds, Aasmud Vigeland was reading a letter he had received from Nathaniel, lawful prince of Elwynn until the Simrani-Kalirionist usurpation of power. Nathaniel had been very kind in his letter and Vigeland knew that Nathaniel was a good-hearted man (and an easily manipulated one, too, if necessary...) and Vigeland penned his reply:
Comrade Nathaniel!

A thousand salutations to you in the form of dried orchids and water from the White and Blue Elwynns are heading your way!

I am sure we are of similar age, you and I. I remember fondly seeing you in Caligae when you visited there with your fathers. I can't have been very old but we went to a concert-hall with school. Your father Elijah spoke there but the memories of you are the most vivid from that day. You looked so bored and I felt great empathy for you, as I always have when hearing of your fate which so often has been full of sorrow.

Thank you, Comrade, for your congratulations and for your implied offer to work something out between the princelings and the communists. It was very nice to hear of how deeply you have followed the events in Elwynn and how your love for our country never has decreased.

As you know, our beloved Elwynn is in a very tragic state. There is (and I trust you to keep silent about this) great forces trying to overwhelm the revolution. If you were able to calm the bouregois forces, I would be in great debt to you.

Both you and I share the hope for prosperity, peace and human progress in our Elwynn. Our land is and remains among the greatest civilizations the world has ever seen and will ever see. But I need your help. Elwynn needs your help. The revolution craves it.

I would be glad to let you visit Elwynn, how and when you please, and in fact, as a token of my respect to you, let you employ all the bourgeois titles that you had before the attempted murder of you by the Simrani-Kalirionists. You would be given the right to live at Andelarion House in Cape Farewell.

In return, Comrade, you will have to agree not to voice any opinion about the Elwynnese politics, unless it is to be in agreement with the revolutionary struggle, the Elwynnese Workers' Party or of any of the lawful authorities of the Democratic People's Republic. You will also do your utmost to ensure the tranquility of the people who not yet adhere to the revolutionary struggle and ideology of the Democratic People's Republic of Elwynn.

I am very certain you will not hesitate in any way to do so. Your love for Elwynn is much greater than any love for power. That much I know you.

Please accept the assurances of my highest consideration.

Vigeland
Elwynn prevails!

Aasmund Vigeland | Аоосмунд Вигыланд
Supreme Commander of the Elwynnese Union Defence Forces
Minister of Military Affairs of the Republic of Shireroth

Return to “Elirian Bazaar”