[Proposal] Expelling Safiria

Elijah Ayreon

[Proposal] Expelling Safiria

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Honourable delegates

With Safiria being annexed as a protectorate of Shireroth, the government of Elwynn proposes a resolution on expelling Safiria from this organization. Safiria has no independent foreign policy of its own (it is governed by the Shirerithian government), it is unfair to the members of the organization that Shireroth, consequently, would have two automatic votes in the organization.
RESOLUTION EXPELLING SAFIRIA

The General Assembly of the Micras Treaty Organization adopts this resolution on the findings that through a treaty between Safiria and Shireroth, Safiria became annexed to Shireroth as a protectorate on 20 May 2012, with the same treaty "delegat[ing] foreign and defense responsibilities to the Imperial Government [of Shireroth]" and obligating "Safirian diplomatic policy will mirror that decided by Shireroth's Ministry of the Exterior".

Accordingly the General Assembly:

1. decides that Safiria is expelled from the Micras Treaty Organization with immediate effect.

2. directs the Secretary General to instruct the Safirian government of this resolution.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Monty

Re: [Proposal] Expelling Safiria

Post by Monty »

Wouldn't it just be polite to ask them to leave rather than expel? I don't want to have to close votes on expelling nations. Rather unsavoury.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Of course -- we can ask them!

Ric.

Kaiser Stan I

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

This seems a highly appropriate course of action, and I apologise on behalf of Shireroth for not noticing this matter and bringing it to a speedy resolution unilaterally. I agree that it would be better if Safiria were to withdraw and settle this matter amicably. I will bring the matter to them personally.
His Imperial Niftiness Yardistanislaus du Grifos
Kaiser of Shireroth, Count of Mar Sara
Suzerain of Hawshire // Peil̊åkti an Ixraǔtn | Protector of the Safir // Xonuti Shawa 'allumi Sanilla'i'i | King of the Free State of Sanilla

Monty

Post by Monty »

I already have delivered a note to thebSafirian Government but a suggestion from yourself would of course be dry worthwhile.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Kaiser Stan I

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

Maia, Safirian Empress, has expressed her agreement. Under Chapter VIII, Section F subsection 2, and in accordance with the Protectorate of Safiria Act 4665, the Imperial Government has power over Safiria's foreign affairs, and therefore as Kaiser of Shireroth I announce the amicable withdrawal of Safiria from the MTO.

I'm sure this won't be the end of Safiria's respect for this august institution, even if it does mark the end of her direct participation. She will still benefit from its protection as her concerns will still be voiced through the Imperial Government of Shireroth.
Suzerain of Hawshire // Peil̊åkti an Ixraǔtn | Protector of the Safir // Xonuti Shawa 'allumi Sanilla'i'i | King of the Free State of Sanilla

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

The Elwynnese delegation wishes to thank Safiria for all its input and participation in the Organization. It is comforting to know that Safiria's interests will be represented here by its protecting power, Shireroth.

Elwynn withdraws the motion of expelling Safiria.

Ric.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Couldn't entities without sovereign foreign policy be granted observer status with the MTO? I think mainly of Sanilla, Safiria, Dura, Mahoz, Athlon perhaps, etc. etc.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

That would be worth discussing at least.

Ric.

Kaiser Stan I

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

Malliki wrote:Couldn't entities without sovereign foreign policy be granted observer status with the MTO? I think mainly of Sanilla, Safiria, Dura, Mahoz, Athlon perhaps, etc. etc.
I was thinking about this as this matter is resolved. As regards Sanilla and other Shirerithian protectorates I'm open to any ideas. But the problem for me is that protectorates give very little over to their protector; in fact, usually (and in the case of Sanilla) only foreign affairs and military matters. Now, Sanilla, for instance, has been able to sign the SCUE treaty with the ratification of the Xonuti (King of Sanilla, the Kaiser ex officio), because it provides active benefits to Sanilla. Any cultural exchanges Sanilla would like to encapsulate with a treaty, also providing a benefit, I would happily entertain. But this organisation is about bringing together states for peace and discussing matters of common importance. I think Shireroth sufficiently represents its protectorates, though if they feel that nothing but having their own representative here is sufficient, I guess we'll have to talk it out.

However, this relates particularly to the role Shireroth has with regards to its protectorates, so non-automatic Observer status is something that this organisation should consider offering.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

We should at least have an active dialogue about international matters that affect Sanilla. Not implying that we haven't had, just that it's something we need to think about from the Sanillan side. Perhaps the easiest way would be for Sanilla to make policy regarding international affairs that affect us, and then ask for your ratification. Anyway, this is for another forum.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Return to “General Assembly Archives”