Antica

Monty

Antica

Post by Monty »

Honourable Delegates to the MTO,

I invite you all into discussions regarding the future of Antica, one our members, and what appears to be a desperate struggle taking place within the halls of power that nation. Antica, a proud and distinguished micronation, is splitting up before our eyes. What should the MTO do in this circumstance? The Secretary-General's office is willing to facilitate mediations between the factions on this matter so an amicable resolution can be found.

I would particularly like to hear the views of the nominated Delegate from Antica.

I invite all the MTO members to put forward their views, opinions and thoughts on this matter.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Entropious

Re: Antica

Post by Entropious »

The MTO should do nothing and just let it be. Stop pretending like this is something that needs to be dealt with!

Monty

Post by Monty »

Entropius, you are not listed as a delegate for any nation so I urge you not to speak in the General Assembly. If you wish you can speak in the general forum of the MTO but this area is for the nominated delegates of MTO nations.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

If the Anticans don't want to make this a topic for the MTO, so be it. That's their right. It's something that they have to solve between themselves and it doesn't help if even more parties (almost whole Bastion is involved already) start meddling in it.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

As the delegate of Antica, I agree with Entropious.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Kaiser Loki IV

Post by Kaiser Loki IV »

Thank you Mr. Secretary-General, for attempting an international forum.

Perhaps consideration could be made at some time for a peacekeeping force drawn from non-Bastion nations?
Loki IV, Kaiser of Shireroth
"Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est."
Duke of Goldshire
Count of Hallucination, Count of Illumination, Viscount of Monty Crisco

Monty

Post by Monty »

Does the Delegate from Shireroth have any specific proposals for this? I'm not entirely keen on the idea personally but further debate on the issue would be worthwhile considering the rampant opportunism that some MTO members are displaying.
Lord Montague

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

Considering the fact that Antica is sovereign nation the MTO has absolutely no right to meddle into the internal affairs of that state. While the Ocian Federation realizes from historical precedence that Mr. Montague enjoys partitioning nations it is not his place as an 'impartial' leader of an intermicronational organization to be suggesting this solution. On behalf of the people of the Ocian Federation I would like to express our wish that the conflict in Antica comes to a swift and peaceful end.

Monty

Post by Monty »

The Delegate from Ocia should mind his comments to the chair. He should also read the comments I made more carefully. I ask for a solid proposal from the Shirerithian Delegate to further debate but also expressed my personal reservations over that course of action.

I am not going to engage in historical revisionism with him and urge him, along with all members participating to confine debate to the matters at hand.
Lord Montague

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Gralus echoes the sentiments of Entropius on this issue. Let the Anticans decide the fate of Antica.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Monty

Post by Monty »

With due respects to the Delegates involved in this debate, considering how the situation has developed this can no longer be considered an Antican problem exclusively. So many different nations, the majority of them being MTO members, have become involved in taking on certain parts of Antica that the situation is truly international.

I urge all the parties to come to the MTO and sign a formal agreement so that in the future there are no fault lines over competing claims to Antica and former Antican territories that could be the basis of a new war.
Lord Montague

Return to “General Assembly Archives”