The Wormhole - Entry into the Mirror Universe

An alternate mirror universe discovered by the crew of the NSS Ganymede. Major events in the Prime Micras timeline generally had the opposite outcome on Meekras. Meekras is defined by the continual five year world war between the Grand Commonwealth and SPEAR faction.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor

Nathan

The Wormhole - Entry into the Mirror Universe

Post by Nathan »

Captain Pavle turned on his comm, "Ensign, get us out of here. We don't have the armament and personnel to exterminate the base from the Worms. As soon as the Grievar are aboard set coarse for NISS. Meanwhile inform Spacefleet Command of the developments."

The Ganymede soon broke orbit and was on course for Micras. Captain Pavle was reviewing Command's orders in his quarters. "Phew, I'm glad they agree with my decision to retreat," he said to himself, "I hate worms... not to mention these Tarsican Worms... stuff of nightmares." Suddenly the ship lurched starboard and the alarm klaxons went off. He rushed to the bridge.

"Report!" he barked to the nearest ensign. "Sir, it's a wormhole. Just opened not 30 seconds ago. We are caught in the event horizon despite full power to engines."

The entire ship soon fell into the wormhole.

"Sir, instruments report we are exactly where we were before the wormhole appeared. Calculating time from star placement.... no time distortion either. It's as if we just... fell through it."

Capt Pavle ordered a full ship scan before proceeding back to NISS. Once the engineering crew had determined no adverse effects from the wormhole could be found, the Ganymede was again underway.

"Comm officer, hail Command on subspace. We need to report this immediately."

"Aye sir, opening frequencies."

"Command, this is Ganymede. We encountered a wormhole but have not yet experienced any temporal or spacial distortions. Request orders."

Silence. The captain looked at the comm officer. "Well?"

"Sir, I am using standard frequencies. I'm repeating your message on Spacefleet frequencies as well. No response. I will try an open hail on all frequencies now."

After several seconds a voice was heard. "Vessel, identify."

"This is the NSS Ganymede of the Natopian Organization of Planets. We are attempting to hail our Spacefleet Command on the Natopian International Space Station. To whom am I speaking?"

The voice laughed. "The Natopian International Space Station was recommissioned long ago. It is now property of SPEAR. You Natopians do have quite the sense of humor." A brief pause as voices mumbled elsewhere. "Natopia ship, you are ordered to return to the battle. Coordinates are following. SPEAR Command out."

Captain Pavle turned to his science officer. "SPEAR.... where have I heard that name before?"

"Sir, the SPEAR, or the Skiron Pact for Economic and Armed Reinforcement, was a proposed alliance between Natopia, Antica and Shireroth. It was intended to restore the balance of power in the wake of the founding of the Grand Commonwealth. It never fully developed."

"Then why did they just claim that SPEAR owns our space station?"

The junior operations officer interjected, "sir, I've been able to intercept transmissions from satellites carrying internet requests. I can pull up a recent history and political map of Micras. It... it appears that the Grand Commonwealth never collapsed, and therefore the SPEAR drew Natopia closer and closer to Shireroth and Antica creating two superpower blocs."

Captain Pavle looked stunned... "So that wormhole shifted us to another universe...?"

The ops officer continued, "Apparently so. Further details coming in. The two powers have been at war since that point. Nearly all nations on Micras are either proxy combatants or battlefields caught between other combatants. Also sir, those coordinates point us to the region of space where Giess was once located. This information claims that while Giess itself is generally without battles from this war due to low population, the space lanes are constantly under attack from both sides. Resources are plentiful on that planet and is needed to fuel the war on Micras."

Captain Pavle slumped in his chair. "Until we can figure out how to get back to our correct universe, I guess we are aligned with SPEAR. We should go offer our aid then. Set course for those coordinates. Engage."

tl;dr : Mirror Universe Micras. GC vs SPEAR war. The world has changed very little since map 7.0.6. Anyone willing to jump into some alternate history?
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Re: In Orbit

Post by Harvey »

Oh God what :OO:

Do I even exist in this universe? Nelaga was formed long after the SPEAR thing.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Friendly recreational warfare & role-playing... in space? I'm in. =p

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Space? SPACE?! SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* I'm in :Court:

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Harvey wrote:Oh God what :OO:

Do I even exist in this universe? Nelaga was formed long after the SPEAR thing.
I want Nelaga to exist as well, it would be perfectly suited for a Mirror Universe... every major event is opposite (generally) so perhaps Jasonia could never have Fallen?

Basically anyone who wants to enter Mirror Micras is welcome to as the history of that universe is very wide open. The same amount of time has passed since map 7.0.6, so there can be many drastic changes to Mirror Micras too. Also, not everyone has to be on SPEAR or GC sides, nations can remain neutral but have to have a good excuse as to why they have not been turned into a satellite state. Micras Prime is where everyone generally gets along... Mirror Micras is not ;)

The map is a general starting point, I had planned to re-do the map entirely to reflect annexations and new countries (but perhaps in new areas) but then I realized how daunting a task it would be. If anyone wants to make fun suggestions for alternate land claims I'll do it, so now would be the time to create a perfect war-torn Micras that welcomes land grabbing and heedless expansionism. :) (Disclaimer: I'll only do this if there's interest and I won't make updates beyond necessary major additions and I will accept all claims, even conflicting claims, and make liberal use of the occupied, dependent, and satellite markings as well as the war zone and terrorist icons so this will not become some sort of anti-MCS.)

The crew of the Ganymede are currently the only people in Mirror Micras that know they are in an alternate universe. I was thinking other people can either play Mirror versions of themselves/their nations or fall into a wormhole, magical rift, secret cavern/etc as their Prime selves.

Malliki

Re: The Wormhole - Entry into the Mirror Universe

Post by Malliki »

Could I be known as "Ikillam", the most loved and respected person on all of Micras?
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I think someone named "I kill 'em" would be most appropriate for the nicest and beloved Official Penisscrub of Micras :P

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Just had a play around with what sorts of nasty the Commonwealth would have floating around in orbit about Mirror Micras (can't we call it Meekras?).

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Looks sufficiently evil for the GC ;)

Yes, yes, yes to Meekras! The word even looks evil.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

This is a freakin awesome idea! I've thought about this stuff for years but figured nobody would be interested. Go figure!

Count me in. I'll have to think on what my alternate self would be like....

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Glad you like it! I actually thought the same thing... I had this post typed up for awhile before I hit reply, too worried it would be ignored or shot down. :)

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

This would also mean the presence of Treesia GC and Karnali GC as well as the latter's technology. Shame it wasn't a Tymaria vs Grand Commonwealth, but perhaps another time.

I'm trying to think back to all the states that have risen and fallen in that time... I'm guessing the Lovelites would be a fairly influential force as well?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Good work Nathan - despite me being heinously busy in RL, you've created something so exciting I *can't* say no.

Now, to work out what mirror Gralus would look like :book: (if there even is a Gralus in Meekras ...)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

What about the Hurmu Gate? :madviking:
Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Daniel wrote:What about the Hurmu Gate? :madviking:
Oh yea! It linked Giess and Micras right? No reason it can't link Meekras and Mirror Giess... That would either reinforce Hurmu's neutrality or make it a constant battlefield...

Perhaps it could also be used as a portal between Micras and Meekras under specific and rare circumstances? I don't think Meekras should be too accessible, but there needs to be an easier way to get there than a wormhole.

And Andreas, I certainly hope Gralus exists on Meekras!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

I don't think anyone would miss Eesdeheito if a rump Gralus could fit in there.

Return to “Meekras (Mirror Universe)”