[Competition 5F]: Images

Scott Alexander

[Competition 5F]: Images

Post by Scott Alexander »

The theme is "Images from Google Image Search". It may be any image from anywhere that you did not create. You may not Photoshop or edit the image in any way.

Find an image that depicts or represents your statelet in some way. For example, in the Capitals thread I used this picture of Nuuk as an image of my capital.

It doesn't have to be a photograph of a city or anything. It could be a work of art representative of your artistic style, or a person dressed the way someone from your statelet would dress. Whatever. Just give an explanation of how it relates.

Demon of Fides

Re: [Competition 5F]: Images

Post by Demon of Fides »

Woo Hoo! I already stole most of my stuff from DA!

See the Colony Meta-Thread spoilers for more.
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

A train in the snowy mountains.
Last edited by Alicorn on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Although the western regions of Aryasht and much of the land to the west is barren and desert, most of Aryasht is green and lush. Parts of Aryasht are tropical forests. Imagine what Aryasht must have looked like to those tribes entering it from the barren wastelands outside its borders: paradise!

The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Public places in the Beacons of Kennerext tend to benefit most from the artistic impulses; the ancient Beacon Hall in Ezhku retains its elaborate, and probably irreproducible, pre-Cataclysmic decoration, while the public galleries in Mildan have benefited greatly from advances in stonecutting, masonry, and metallurgy. But residential caverns have tended more toward the utilitarian, with local families too involved in their everyday struggles to do more than add touches of paint or minor carvings. Although newer dwellings, especially from the last fifty years or so, show more signs of embellishment, most older neighborhoods have a somewhat spartan appearance.

This picture below is from Kaldim, one of the earliest Beacons; the passage is entirely artificial. It was originally mined out to provide a direct route between the Beacon Hall and a newly-discovered agricultural cave, and the residences were created at the request of the Harvesters' Guild for the use of the helek-tenders.

(I thought I was going to have to use an image from Uru for this contest, but it just goes to show that very often what you want can be sourced from real life. This photo is from the Kaymaklı Underground City in the Nevşehir Province of Turkey. Apparently there were a lot more of this type of city in the area, too. I haven't found out a whole lot of detail about them, but the article on the one at Derinkuyu talks about the phenomenon a bit more.

You have no idea how intriguing I find the sentence "The city was connected with other underground cities through miles of tunnels".)
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

An artist's rendering of Myëë Mŷwr, showing the town centre and a sidestreet show :wink:

Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Sammy J McMillan

Post by Sammy J McMillan »

Sammy J McMillan
ANTICAN LIBERATION DEVICE. Allow curiosity to seduce ya: http://www.bastionunion.org/forum/viewt ... =320&t=992
Citizen of the Republic, friend of :sammyj:
In the quotes thread, Ardy wrote:You know, you are a bit of an arse - even by the standards of this hobby (which is an achievement).

Illuminarch Nicholas

Post by Illuminarch Nicholas »

The Final Test Chamber. Explained later :mrgreen: =p
Illustro est via

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

Skyline of Mrxa Kişçwrwm

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I am ashamed to admit that my mind's image of Quadropoli comes from WoW's Silvermoon City:

The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

CJ, what real city is that?
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Istakadeqan on a bad day. I should probably package some of it up and post for your enjoyment.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

Aryeztur wrote:CJ, what real city is that?
Chongqing, China, the size of Austria and home to 32 million people. Fitting, given that Mrxa Kişçwrwm is the only city, if not the only municipality, in Pelagian Safiria and is home to 89% of its population.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Helmsgate, Frosthelm

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

DG XR1-S on SCRAM ascent during a flight test, passing over Tantteli Naval Air Force Base, Inferno Island, Swnndyrrân Hallatekrrr.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

CJ Miller wrote:Chongqing, China, the size of Austria and home to 32 million people. Fitting, given that Mrxa Kişçwrwm is the only city, if not the only municipality, in Pelagian Safiria and is home to 89% of its population.
The city's urban area can't be that populated, surely :o
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

I see that and raise it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ur ... population

I was sure there's a few cities in China larger than Chongqing, and it definitely couldn't be bigger than Delhi :)
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Return to “Contest Archives”