The Future of the Company

A mercantile, state-owned, trading company for the prosperity of Natopians everywhere.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) SATCo Board

Christo Eucalyptos

The Future of the Company

Post by Christo Eucalyptos »

Attn: Owners of the St. Andre Trading Co.

To:
Emperor of the Natopians
Leader of Universalis
Baron of Arboria
Dean of Sororiya
Director of Klaasiya
King of Ziegeland
Governors

Dear Owners,

As per recent Frenzy legislation the new territory of Alkhiva has been simultaneously elevated to full demesnial status and placed under this Company's control. As the ex officio President of this Company I believe this will cause major disruptions to our colonial endeavors. All other territories under our control are owned by the Empire and administered by us. Having a fully recognized demesne (which grants it the right to a Frenzy representative among other rights) within our company limits this company's actions in that area, thus threatening our ability to make Alkhiva profitable.

The colonial aspect of the Company was necessary at a time when the Dominion was more decentralized and we did not have a permanent central presence. The Company's colonial aspects allowed the Dominion to focus on its early goals of internally strengthening the original four demesnes. The colonies, although important, were seen as auxiliary to the mainland.

Times have changed, and the company has seen falling profits eaten up by colonial burdens. Does the Company even need to govern these colonies to profit from them? Why limit our trade routes to only these colonies when we can redistribute the resources expended on governing to increase the size of the merchant marine and expand our trade networks throughout the Empire and the world. I would like to determine the opinions of the owners as to what the future of this company will look like.

My personal opinion is to forfeit the colonial aspects of this company. The Company should petition the Empire to create a formalized colonial administration and to delineate the differences between a demesne, a colony, a protectorate, and a territory.

I await your comments on this matter.

Sincerely,
Christo Eucalytpos
President, ex officio
Saint Andre Trading Company
Christophos Eucalyptos
Retired Natopian Statesman,
Writer for the Bagelcratican Sporadically
Played by Nathan

Nathaniel
Vagrant who is the owner of two celeriacs

Re: The Future of the Company

Post by Nathaniel »

I am in agreement with the President, unless a better solution to the problem is found.
Nathaniel
NATHANIEL ANDRE UTAS AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE
[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Imperial Prince of Shireroth
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Master of the Cathedral of Eternal Slumber
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Lord der Stadt der Gestrandeten ...
Knight of the Holy Lakes
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Christo Eucalyptos

I thank His Majesty for the support. I will propose a bill to the Frenzy to outline my ideas further.
Christophos Eucalyptos
Played by Nathan

Christo Eucalyptos

Actually, instead of that. How about we streamline things even further.

Cape Cran Bay is absorbed into Thalassa helping to develop the frontier and reducing colonial-territorial competition.

Taroof is ceded to the new Demesne of Alkhiva, creating a transraynor subdivision with similar cultures.

Port Saint Andre is abandoned, its resources transferred to expanding elsewhere.
Christophos Eucalyptos
Played by Nathan

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

I think the streamlining has great potential.

It might also be an idea for the Company to expand its trading activities in the light of the growing demand for bagels, juice and ice cream.

The Ice Cream and Small Pet Emporium is looking at expanding into every town and city in the Empire, which will significantly increase the demand for milk, wheat and fruit juice.

The streamlining of the Company should allow it to seek out opportunities to expand the Empire's territories in places most suited to establishing new fruit plantations and arable and dairy farms.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Return to “Saint Andre Trading Co.”