Edr Yyaloren arrives in Apollantis

Scott Alexander

Edr Yyaloren arrives in Apollantis

Post by Scott Alexander »

A man of about fifty arrives at the court of the governor of the Apollantian enclave on Neroles, sunburnt, miserable, and seeking refuge. He is accompanied by six followers, all of whom claim to have trekked there from Arborvine, a hundred kilometers through the boiling jungles. It is Edr Yyaloren, fleeing from an arrest warrant for conspiracy to break Eith Korphorin from jail and perhaps take over the holy city Arborvine from its Triumvir-Elder, Liuj Dreyevin.

He pleads for asylum. The remnants of Drachumve, he claims, have become a tyranny, with Dreyevin-mai taking what he wants and crushing anyone who gets in his way. Did he really conspire to break Korphorin-nomai from prison? Well, maybe he idly discussed the possibility with one or two people, but that was all. Now he was being persecuted, and after High Priest Gatr Euyyonin-nomai succumbed to his illness, Dreyevin would have complete power.

A few hours later, a letter arrives from Arborvine. Edr Yyaloren is a criminal, on record as trying to free a traitor and suspected of trying to foment a coup. The Triumvir-Elder of Drachumve humbly requests of the Emperor of Apollantis that, in the name of the good relationship between their two nations, and in exchange for the eternal gratitude of the Drachumvelin people, he return Edr Yyaloren to Arborvine to stand trial, or at the very least incarcerate him in Apollantis until conditions are more stable so he cannot cause trouble.
OOC: A loose plot thread from "The Trial of Eith Korphorin". You can deal with this however you want and I'll work it into the main story somehow. If you haven't read Trial and don't want to bother with this, let me know and I'll tie it off myself.

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Re: Edr Yyaloren arrives in Apollantis

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

OOC: feel free to send him SwnnHalla-bound. Swnndyrrr people looooooooooove to ignore the wishes of other nations in the name of apathetic neutrality. I am, peculiarly, willing to have some fun if you want (no pressure at all, of course, it's your narrative) :p

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Re: Edr Yyaloren arrives in Apollantis

Post by Orion »

Edr Yyaloren and his company were received in the chambers of the Emperor and their story was heard before His Imperial Majesty. The subjective and sensitive nature of Yyaloren's testimonial and the relationship with Drachumve has placed the Apollantian government in a predicament. The former Triumvir's outstanding past record has preceded him in the court of the Apollantium, However, the government of Drachumve is still the law, and therefore must be respected.

As such, the Emperor has placed Yyaloren under a very lenient house arrest, assigning him to a country estate in the north that is isolated. A continent of soldiers from the Burning Blade has also been assigned to guard both Yyaloren and any who would bring him harm. No decision has been made as of yet as to whether he will be extradited or whether, as he has indicated a desire for asylum, he may be granted that request. The Imperial Court will be holding a closed session with the Emperor to discuss the matter in closer terms and issue a statement shortly.

Return to “Apollantis”