The Beginning

Sentrino

The Beginning

Post by Sentrino »

A Searing Bright Amber light streaked across the skies of Pelagia. Leaving a sharp line etched into the retinas of all those who were gazing star wards at the time. For those not experienced with such things it could be mistaken for an asteroid or some other piece of natural space debris, it became clear this was not the case when it approached the ground. It started to decelerate sharply when it reached a distance of 500 feet above the grassy plains. It was not a asteroid but a structure of clearly artificial construction, the structure resembled an elongated tetrahedral shape with the apex at the bottom of the structure and the three sides being Isosceles triangles of approximately 100 feet in vertical height and the top forming the base as a flat equilateral triangle. The whole thing was surrounded by A flickering amber aura which was getting thinner and thinner as it approached the ground, behind the amber aura blue lights flashed up and down the structure apparently travelling random paths across the surface of it.

When the apex of the structure was five feet from the ground It decelerated to a complete stop so it was hovering in the air. The amber aura then completely flickered out, causing the structure to free fall into the ground causing a large thump to be heard. The structure fell till it was embedded 20 feet into the earth. When all movement of the structure had stopped the blue lights started to move with purpose across the surface of the structure, they coalesced in a rectangular shape just above the ground.

Out of the blue light stepped a human like figure, it stood at 6 foot 5 inches. It stepped onto the ground warily and when it was fully out of the light, paused for a minute and gazed at the huge structure, and then drew a very shaky breath.
map claim to follow shortly but i just wanted to get that out there :)

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Re: The Beginning

Post by ari »

Busy skies 'round this planet these days, I see.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Sentrino

Post by Sentrino »

The blue light reflected off it’s Silvery smooth skin as it shifted it’s head around from side to side, and then brought it’s eyes down to it’s own form, the only thing that separated it’s eyes from it’s skin was that they were a slightly duller shade of silver. They moved over it’s arms and hand which were proportioned similarly to human ones and down to it’s feet and legs which were also proportioned similar to human ones .Then it flexed it’s arms and brought it’s hands to it’s chest where it touched the fabric of the robe that clung to it’s figure it was light blue and had no obvious seems from it’s construction.

Then a voice spoke from the Structure behind it, with the figure turning around to face it, “ You are Alive”

Silence followed as the words echoed around the landscape, then the figure muttered in an obvious attempt to imitate “you are alive”

“No I am not alive, you are, access your memory on the language you have over 1000 archived there, I shall not tell you your home tongue. In any case I am merely Sentient and I shall not be with you much longer, My purpose is to Explain your purpose, you have specific memories implanted in your head, your body is an artificial construct which uses the same principles as naturally occurring life to survive and fuel it you were once a real person useful parts of your personality have been kept. However you have no memories of your past life your name is… Donovan. I have within me enough matter to form ten thousand bodies similar to yours with personalities to fill them. The rest of the personalities have specific skill sets, which are to fill a specific role in society, this is your purpose you will build a society on this planet and you or your descendents will be collected 2000 standard interstellar years in the future for study purposes the life span of these bodies is not known so we cannot say you will still be alive you however have reproductive organs installed which match up to the majority population of this planet, it is unadvisable to bread with them however as you are based on the base unit of matter called silicon and they are based on the unit of matter called carbon. The needs of your body are categorised inside your mental hub, they like your reproductive organs are similar to the majority of the natives these measures ensure an ease of dialogue between you and them. After ten thousand units have been produced the remaining matter shall transform into a small settlement for your needs, you shall be leader as you posses the necessary skill sets as you were first you may deign to tell your people as much or as little of what I told you as you see fit. There is one prime directive though, you must ensure your peoples survival until we come to collect you. If this condition is not met your personality shall be held responsible.”

The figure, Donovan’s, face had remained passive throughout this speech as though there was nothing particularly surprising about any of this. And he made a nodding gesture when it was finished.

“Very good you already understand the principles of body language very well initialising starting producing procedure. Good Bye Donovan, Datanai.”

The blue doorway of light began to issue from it a stream of silver bodies in blue and orange robes, the ones in orange Donovan noted, had (what would be considered in the natives as) mammary glands. He turned away and observed the Grassy plain he was standing on under the stars. He could not find the last word Sentient had spoken to him in any of the languages stored in his mental reserve, He considered it may have been his family name from the life before, he was not bothered that that life was unknown to him, but he did note that this may be considered an unusual response psychologically in a living being He knew a large amount about psychology he realised and about sociology, and both these things indicated it would be easier to lead His… people if they had a common identity aside from origins. He turned around and faced the thousands of newly formed bodies milling around the structure which noticed was slowly sinking into the ground into a puddle of silver substance under the populaces feet.

“ Attention!” he amplified his voice as much as he was possible so it reached all of their hearing faculties. “I am Donovan Your Leader I was the First!” He appraised the faces closest to him listening attentively. “ We are the People of Datanai! And This spot shall be called the City of The Sentient! We have need to move away from this spot now, It is forming as I speak follow or be left behind!” With that he lead them to a hill to the south to see their city formed, there was not one voice of dissent.
Sorry for the giant post but it's done now!

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Oh man, silicon-based. I work with that stuff at my job. I'll keep my gloomy chemist remarks out of decent sci-fi though.

Sentrino

Post by Sentrino »

I chose it as I thought it might be a likely replacement for carbon because it's able to make four bonds I know there's more too it than that but heh it was convienient and seeing as doctor who has recently stolen programable carbon i was stuck with it! glad you consider it "good" sci fi btw I was worried sthe description heavy bits might be a bit boring!

Return to “Datanai”