Seeking Allies for Combat

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Seeking Allies for Combat

Post by Harvey »

My name is Incursion. I am in charge of the overall security of the Favored state. You may notice that my name does not begin with "P" like so many of my peers. This has nothing to do with the quality of my service. I simply do not have time for word games that they play. I get down to business. And the business is battle.

We of the Favored are growing wary. Many new societies have emerged recently, some quite alarming. Between the heedless gobbling of vital resources now claimed by people of Aryasht, the emergence with the apparently omnipresent and heavily-armed Colony, and several inhuman races that may covet our world for their own needs, not to mention the ever-present fear of destruction from the Drachumve, AURA and the people of the Favored are concerned that the world may slip into endless, petty war before it can recover to stability.

We will not let that happen. We have not escaped destruction merely to allow it to descend upon us once more.

The Favored are planning to militarize to defend their land and protect our long-term goals, but we seek like-minded allies to join forces with and pursue interests. If you have such a desire, contact us, and we will begin our mutual plans.

Nathan

Re: Seeking Allies for Combat

Post by Nathan »

Jacques-Louis, Lord Dagues, vanished from Brutus' war room. After a few pensive moments, or at least what passed as pensive for a Matraque, Brutus recalled a stone plate and began composing a message with paint and brush. After he finished, he projected it to appear near Incursion, hoping his powers of Wonder were sharp enough to not have it land on his head.
I am Brutus, Lord of Matraques, the mightiest of the Houses of Merveilles. The Sovereign has allowed this. House Matraques has many Wonders in our arsenal... some that we keep secret from the weaker stomachs in House Amours and Rubis. It would be my House's honor to forge an alliance between Merveilles and the Favored.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

I note your wariness towards non-humans, but I wish to assure you that the Swnndyrrr people are not a very militarized state. Aside from our navy, which is necessary to defend our waters, much of the state's military budget is put toward defensive armaments and our space program.

I hope you will consider a military pact with the Swnndyrrân Hallatekrrr.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Three colonists, two gold one silver, approached the Favored Representative.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
"So I am told, Colonists, what do you want?"
"You have heard that the Colony is not interested in forming military alliances. We will offer to you the non-aggression pact. We will also offer the construction of a subterranean rail network to your island. You are warned, though, that the rails are not to be used for military purposes."
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Given that certain people are adverse to even the smallest lines being put in their characters mouthes, I am at a loss on how to proceed with this type of thing.

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

If that's directed at me:

Wow, way to blow that outta proportion.

(reread that post, I don't get into things I don't like people playing my characters in. I got into this, chill the hell out)

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

No, it's sort of a nightmare situation for me. And I'm quickly realizing I'm in the minority. Ugh.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

A Malitiiki man in traditional garments speak:
"I am Representative of the Community. My personal name is of no importance. I speak for the Peoples. We seek to trade with all nations. We seek peace with the land and the sea. We seek to make no harm. We seek to protect ourselves and our lands. It is so."
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Meanwhile, in Drachumphan
"And that will be all, Omi-nomai," said Eith. It had been a good day. Omi was unusually lucid, and he had signed all of the documents put in front of him with a minimum of threats or prophecies. Now he just needed to get out the door before Omi could think of anything else to..."

"Eith?" asked Omi.

*sigh*

"Eith, the Favored are plotting against us."

"How did you...?" asked Eith. The diplomatic communiques sent out from Real Diamond hadn't exactly been secret, and more than one of them had found their way to Drachumphan, but Eith had deliberately not mentioned them in his report to the Autokrator. Too risky.

"The winds told me," said Omi. Eith sighed. The old man did tend to create his own weird micro-climate wherever he went. Who even knew if he was lying anymore? "They're plotting against us, Eith. Tell them to stop. Ask them if they want their tech level reduced to the point where rubbing sticks together doesn't make fire. Do they want that, Eith? I hear it gets very cold in Real Diamond in the winter, heh heh heh."

Eith reflected on how "lucid" was a relative term with Omi Oitherion.

"No changing tech levels," said Eith, "you remember we've discussed this before."

"They're PLOTTING a-GAINST us, EITH."

"No, they're just, um, gathering friends, just in case. And, um, maybe we could turn this to our advantage. Those Colony people. Remember I told you about them? I'm worried about them, Omi-nomai. They could burrow out of the ground right here in Drachumphan one day and who knows if we could push them back?"

"I'd destroy them. I'd turn their trains to heaps of scrap metal and their exoskeletons into coffins."

"Could you destroy them without destroying Drachumphan at the same time, Omi-nomai?"

The Autokrator was silent, but his mouth shifted into a pout.

"I'll send a message to Incursion. Tell them Drachumve is also worried about the Colony. The best way to eliminate an enemy is to turn them into a friend."

"The best way to eliminate an enemy is with fire," disagreed Omi. "Fire from heaven."

"It's always fire with you," said Eith. "I'll see you again on the Day of Peaks and Ferns, mmkay? You work on those meditation exercises and don't destroy any continents till then, all right?" He was almost pleading.

"Can't remember why I listen to you," said Omi. "But I'm sure there's a reason."

Eith left Oldest-bar with a silent prayer that one of those doctors figured something out very, very quickly.
Dear Incursion-mai:

I am also suspicious of the Colony and their intentions. To maintain the stability of the World Government I cannot move against them openly, but keep me informed on any plans you have against them and I will try to provide intelligence, supplies, and whatever other aid you may need.

Be reassured you have nothing to fear from Drachumve. The Autokrator looks upon your people with great fondness and paternal love as one of the last remnants of the Old World, and would never consider moving against you. We have little reason to be at each other's throats and every reason to cooperate with regards to monitoring Colonial development in east Neroles and throughout Eorlas.

Yours,
Eith Korphorin
Senator from Drachumve, Speaker Pro Tempore, Minister of Economics, Secretary to the Autokrator, Governor-General of the Colonies, Archpriest of Joy, Master of Oracles, and Warden of Paths.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Fire from heaven? I agree.
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Return to “The Favored”