The dark side of Llachean history

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Re: The dark side of Llachean history

Post by Harvey »

I always knew those talking dogs were evil.

Almost entirely unrelated, but true: I actually really wanted to be a part of Treeisa for serious and add kind of a wizard society to it. It was the first real swords and sorcery micronation we’d seen. But the talking dog rebellion and you being hell-bent on driving me from the country turned me off on the whole plan. Still not sure what that was about, other than spite maybe.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

This is a LONG time ago and my memory could be fuzzy, but if I remember right, me wanting to drive you from the country was entirely in-game rather than real. Eoin wrote something random that said "Llacheu was once inhabited by talking dogs", and I turned that into the talking dogs coming back and wanting to reclaim their ancestral homeland from the evil humans. You happened to be the guy in charge of the ancestral homeland, so they were protesting against you as well as Eoin...

...although I can't trust my memory completely here, because I remember there was also one point where we were pretty angry at Bill and possibly also at you because of something involving Elpidos and Menelmacar...maybe he annexed it to Treesia and then un-annexed it so he could annex it to Menelmacar? If you definitely remember there was a genuine out-of-character hostility to you there, it could've had something to do with that. But talking dogs were pre-Menelmacar IIRC.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Yeah, that was all pre-Menelmacar. It ended with the War of the Orchids. Bill tried to steal a knightship or something from Treesia during the Menelmacar age but it had nothing to do with me and the talking dogs thing was long over.

I don't know if there was genuine hostility. Back in those days, the lines between in and out-of-character intentions were blurry and mostly nonexistent. We used to mock Hubert for that sort of thing. “Oh it’s my CHARACTER saying this!” Funny and a little creepy that he was ahead of his times on that one.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Yeah, that's probably exactly the sort of thing we could have figured out and resolved in a five minute AIM conversation these days, but back then we were all young and stupid.

Return to “Longinquissima Insula”