Inscriptions of Aryasht

Aryeztur

Inscriptions of Aryasht

Post by Aryeztur »

It is customary in Aryasht for rulers and kings to make public inscriptions of their deeds from time to time. These inscriptions, usually on stone slabs or carved into rocks and mountains dot the land so that the people may remember the glory of their monarchs.

Inscription from the sixth year of the reign of Aryanaresh I, King of Kings of Aryasht
I am Aryanaresh, king of kings, lord of lords, given dominion by the Lord of Fire [God] over the various nations of the earth. I cleave to the light and shun the darkness, for I am an Arya, a true Arya king, a follower of the way [cosmic order]. I speak the truth and flee from the lie, for the liar seeks to divide men and destroy them everywhere, but in my realm the weak are protected from the strong and the poor and rich are treated alike when they face the wrath of the dread sword of justice. I maintained peace in the land and drove forth the invaders, the barbarians, the accursed ones back into the desert from whence they came. I cast their cruel flesh eating demons from their altars and established the reality [Sattva] in its true, pure, Aryan form all over the land and drove the false ones into the abyss...in my realm, I have caused canals to be built so that there is plenty of food for both the Arya and the mleccha [non Arya] who have embraced the light and shied away from the darkness for the sun is for all men....holy men go unmolested to mountains to perform penance, there is peace...merchants travel widely and spend freely in the markets. All this I have caused by the grace of the devas [gods] and the Master of the Three Worlds.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Return to “Aryasht”