The Emperor's Desire for Exploration

Aryeztur

The Emperor's Desire for Exploration

Post by Aryeztur »

*Gong rings*

Courtiers and nobles stand up as the Emperor walks into the throne room chanting "Victory to the Maharaj [great king]"

This continues until he sits down on his iron throne. At this point, the pomp is done away with and the Emperor and his nobles may speak freely, as the nobles do not let the Emperor forget- he is first among equals and should he presume to establish an absolute monarchy his head will be set on a pike before he could say "mercy."

Anyhow, this does not mean that the nobles can do anything they want. They obey their King and must as long as he does not exceed the boundaries of his role and duties in that role.

The Emperor expresses a desire:
"I desire to establish contact and trade amongst us and our neighbors. The unruly ones, of course, must be subjugated and coerced into paying tribute and accept us as their overlords, but the farther off ones- I desire to know of those realms and begin fruitful relations with them as well as spread the Word to them. Thus I am sending out 12 units to explore the world until they reach the far seas. 4 to the north (with a couple of ships too), 4 to the south (with some ships too), and 4 to the west to supplement the 4 already stationed in the desert. We hope to explore all lands till we can go no further. These units are to take with them trading goods and to establish trade; to establish diplomatic relations and are commanded to bring back one emissary from each foreign nation so we can talk with them a year hence, and to spread the holy Writ. They are to use peaceful means as much as possible but if they are given trouble, they may negotiate with their swords. Let it be done."
Thus, these units left Aryasht in 125 (sim 13) to explore the neighboring regions in all directions, carrying with them goods, the holy books, and of course, their weapons.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Return to “Aryasht”