Maps and Flag of Aryasht

Aryeztur

Maps and Flag of Aryasht

Post by Aryeztur »

The Kingdom of Aryasht is situated on both sides of Aryasagar which is the name of the strait that separates the two portions of Aryasht: Sthan, the mainland, and Dwipa, the island. The river Pri flows through Dwipa, and the rivers Pavitra and Mahan flow through Sthan. The Arunachal Mountains are situated to the west and northwest, the Khandav Forest to the north and the Reg Desert to the west. The capital is Aryapur at the mouth of the Pavitra river.

The mountains contain Alpine climate. The forest is humid tropical while the desert is arid. Most of the rest of Aryasht is level plain. The river valleys are humid subtropical while the plain outside the river valleys is tropical semi-humid. Parts of the southern coast are also tropical wet.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Aryeztur

Re: Maps and Flag of Aryasht

Post by Aryeztur »

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

The first flag is the more interesting I think, if what you're doing is posting alternative flag designs. The idea of being the burning light of civilisation seems like it would be a central idea to the Aryans.
Funky Wombat
"Been around for a long long time, ain't seen nothing new"

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

That is true, and that's what I use the flame to represent. After all, fire is an important Aryan symbol, both in India and Iran. That flag, however, is the same as my old country, Aryez and it was made for me many years ago.What disturbs me is the moon symbol (crescent), Aryans are of course more sun people than moon people. Regarding the first flag, the symbol looks sort of like the to part of the Hindu symbol Om ॐ so it should suffice.

Then again, as time passes, it will be revealed how we are not a pure Aryan people. We absorbed an indigenous people who resemble the Japanese or perhaps the Ainu, a Dravidian like people like in our northern forests, and Semitic and Turkic like people will soon infiltrate the deserts to our west and then invade us.

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

If these invaders win, or take over a chunk of Aryasht, will the change be reflected in, say, your Senate representative? Will they feel like this should be something that the Archipelago act to stop? Or is it an internal matter?

I'm thinking of similar questions with regard to my statelet, the interaction between an indigenous people and settlers, and how they will represent themselves. I'm choosing to have a semi-peaceful cooperation, but I wonder since yours is more of an incursion would it be a lot different?
Funky Wombat

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the Senate representative issue. I'll just have one for the sake of having one. The invasions will be treated like ancient history...I get the feeling like I'm working out a chronology that'll have to be coordinated with other people's...

As for the different people interacting, it'll be history so it won't be too much of an issue. And it won't be a displacement of people. It'll be like the conquests of many nomadic central Asian people of the big settled civilizations on their peripheries. They'll assimilate eventually though they'll contribute some words and customs. I want to keep my population generally homogeneous. However ancestry might be reflected by a person's clan name. I'm thinking of a social system in which people have first name-last name- clan name. I need to develop a class system as well.

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

Oh I see, so what we're talking about here is happening a long time ago, whereas the Aryasht contiguous to the rest of us is still unrevealed? That's cool, I suppose you'll have to decide what the culmination of this warfare and interaction of cultures will be!
Funky Wombat

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

What flag should I use on your forum? This one, or the one in the flag competition thread? I assume you want the one in the thread used for the competition instead of this?

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Yeah. The flag for this forum is the one above, the first one with the fire/moon (not the sun).

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

So why aren't you entering your normal flag into the design contest? I like this one better anyway.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Alright, I'll do that.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Sorry for my brief LOA but I'm now back.

Return to “Aryasht”