Autokrator's Sunday Address, Year 112

Management of the simulation and out-of-character discussion
Scott Alexander

Autokrator's Sunday Address, Year 112

Post by Scott Alexander »

No one is entering any contests right now.

This is as true of me as of anyone else, but it still seems worth addressing.

Is it that the last few contest ideas have been really bad and uninspiring? Have they just not been up long enough? Or is it more generally that people aren't doing much with Archipelago and so they're not going show up just to participate in the contests?

I'm not going to close the contest this week until it gets some more entries or I get a good plan on what to do with the whole contest idea.

Alicorn

Re: Autokrator's Sunday Address, Year 112

Post by Alicorn »

I didn't immediately come up with any ideas I was really enthusiastic about, so it would have been a fair amount of not-maximally-fun work to come up with an entry I was pleased with, and I already got my lake (which I am slacking off about colonizing because Winged One won't decide if he wants to be the barbarian natives or not and I haven't gotten impatient enough to take them over without him expressly denying interest).

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

I have nothing to say about any of this that I did not say last week and was ignored.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I generally abstain from serious contests because everyone already knows everything about my cold, logical society and I can't progress until NEXUS is finished.
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Kaiser Reynardine II

Post by Kaiser Reynardine II »

The last contest I entered got fucked up, and the others have been rather uninspiring, yes. (Perhaps consulting the meta-contest thread would be good?)

Also, I'm having a REALLY bad month, and now school's started again, so it's worse.
AKA Kallinn Ynnetrrr
ALSO Kalasien Baarrnan/Liam ronToketi

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

I had been planning to write up something on Saturday, but then I got hurricane'd.

When I left home this morning we were still without power; I can charge my iPad at work now that the weekdays are here, so that expands my participation in things a little bit, but it's going to be crippled running until BGE starts giving us our juice again.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I'm a bit busy for the next few weeks.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Return to “Control Room”