A few questions

Management of the simulation and out-of-character discussion
Erik Mortis

A few questions

Post by Erik Mortis »

1. How long has it been since the apocalypse that made the world how it is? ie how many years.

2. How fast does time move. Is it one year per day, per week.. etc.

3. What's up with the moon, is it still there?

4. How long did the apocalypse take? Year, years... centuries...?

that is all for now.

Oh.. is there any official story on the creation of this world. I really hope not. But a time frame that all agree on would be nice.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Re: A few questions

Post by Harvey »

1) Roughly 500 years

2) There is no real consensus on this. Scott is going by 1 RL day = 1 Archipelago year for his map updates, but many people (myself included) want time to move more slowly so that characters don't die every month or so. You can use generally any time fram you wish. I personally think it's best to be vague about it and wing it as much as possible.

3) I would imagine the moon is still there. No news on if any of the supposed moon bases survived, but safe money is on no.

4) The actual ongoing descruction caused by the apocalypse has no set timeframe.

The apocalypse's actual events are vague and Scott promised to keep it that way. We know bad stuff went down that wiped out a lot of life on Micras, but that's about it. The one particular Scott did say was that Nelaga fell from the sky, causing earthquakes. Because Scott never misses an oportunity to kill me off.

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

I had a thread about the fate of Tarsica around here somewhere. The general consensus is that it's there, and at least mostly intact. It may or may not have lost some bits to possibly make a ring.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Well, the Moon formed in about a hundred years after the Great Impact, so we could have a thinning ring with a completely reformed Tarsica.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

I'm trying to figure out a proper response, because I'd imagine the circumstances would be significantly different. The moon formed from molten rock ejected by the impact, and I'm not sure a similar environment would have resulted from the apocalypse, even if drastic changes happened to Micras and Tarsica in that time, otherwise I'd imagine significantly fewer people, if any, would have survived it.

Ok, I think we need to revive that thread now...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'd be inclined to say nothing what so ever happened to the moon. It's up there... everyone is dead from lack of supplies... but it remains unchanged... then again... a ring would be kinda cool.

Return to “Control Room”