Violence!

Management of the simulation and out-of-character discussion
Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Violence!

Post by Harvey »

So having a large military is no fun without fighting any real wars. And while we could have some border skirmishes that don't involve anyone losing major land, really it's a lot more satisfying to crush a culture beneath our iron boots. And we also have a couple statelets that have largely failed to get off the ground and may never get posted in again. Plus Ryan’s that he has decided to abandon.

Are inactive or abandoned statelets possible targets for wars? And I don’t mean MCS recwar style where the map doesn’t change – I’m talking about conquering countries and governments collapsing into anarchy and stuff. Obviously, we wouldn’t do this to states where people are around but more slowly plodding along. I’m only talking about ones that have been totally abandoned by either an inactive leader or someone who says it’s okay to destroy them.

If nobody likes that, then we could also have “NPC Statelets” that don’t vote and aren’t under anyone’s control but can be used for roleplaying and battle purposes.

Scott Alexander

Re: Violence!

Post by Scott Alexander »

You mean like Frosthelm? I'm up for it. But if you don't have the expansion credits, you're not taking over their territory in a visible way.

I would also be interested in something where people agree to a predetermined outcome - like maybe the Favored conquer Drachumve, set up a puppet government for a while, and eventually withdraw with regime change but no long-term loss of independence, sort of like the US in Iraq.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

And Northwood. Inactive and sitting next to a giant navy. In terms of expansion credits, if I were to take it, I would take it and then instantly sell it to you for expansion credits to pay back my debt.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

That's a really neat plan, although Northwood hasn't been abandoned by its owner so I would not allow it Alicorn would have to organize a multinational alliance to defend it.

Oh, and anyone know where Northwood's flag came from or why it looks so Antican?

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Dromosker is currently resting but beckons all visitors towards the bubbling cauldron where a warm welcome is assured. :wink:

Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Alicorn would have to organize a multinational alliance to defend it.
I have to do what now?

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I like this idea very much.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Agreed...

What? Just because I'm heavily militaristic and I can tunnel you think I'm going to attack in a few hours?more like a day, sheesh.
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

No, I don't want Northwood and I'm glad to hear you're planning to be active in it. And your location is great too. As it is, Aryasht doesn't have too many neighbors. You're pretty close to Aryasht, so lets establish cordial relations.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Return to “Control Room”