Notification to the Praetor

The Noor Gate is the closest that the unwashed of Shirekeep are allowed to approach to the inner sanctum of Raynor's Keep. It is the place for the submission of petitions, the reading of proclamations, and the public execution of heinous criminals.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Praetor

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Notification to the Praetor

Post by Continuator »

My Lord,

With effect retrospectively to 12.IX.1666 the seat of the Imperial Mother is transferred to the Prince of Modan. Adverse circumstances regrettably leave the Imperial Mother indisposed to travel, to the receiving visitors, or to the performance of public duties. A medical bulletin will be issued in due course.

There is no cause or justification for undue speculation.

Please address all enquiries pertaining to the Imperial Mother to the ESB Group public relations officer.

Sprocket

Re: Notification to the Praetor

Post by Sprocket »

To whom it may concern,

The seat held by the Imperial Mother remains held by her until she publically notifies the Prætor of any change or that she dies, whereupon the seat will go to whomever she has willed it to, failing that the seat will go to her eldest legitimate heir. Until such time that the Imperial Mother returns to the Landsraad, the seat is held by her proxy, the high-born and illustrious Rofolo Nur Pinito Kasha, who actively represents the Imperial Mother in the Landsraad.

Any attempts to remove a lawful member of the Landsraad from his or her seat is unlawful. The Prætor strongly cautions against such measures.

The seat remains in the ownership of the Imperial Mother and duly represented by Rofolo Nur Pinito Kasha.
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Lord Praetor,

The Imperial Mother passed away in 1663 under circumstances covered by non-disclosure agreements and a general amnesty. Owing to an administrative error her last will and testament has been misfiled. However it is common knowledge, attested by many witnesses on her staff that it was her desire that all her properties and titles shall pass as a single inheritance to the ESB Group of which her second husband was a co-founder. She also stated on numerous occasions, before witnesses, that her son had inherited far too much by virtue of nothing already and deserved no portion of her estate in the event of her demise. As Chairman of the ESB Group it falls to me therefore to act as the executor of the Imperial Mother's estate.

I accordingly present myself before you once more to press my claim to her vacant seat in the Landsraad. It is my hope that your lordship will take this opportunity to gracefully and promptly accede to my request.

- Modan

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lord Prince of Modan

I was most saddened to hear the news of the passing of the Imperial Mother. I even cried tears of oil. I am grateful for communicating this to me and my office. The Imperial Mother, and her emissary, have been removed from the list of members, and replaced by Our Lord the Radiant Sun.

The Rules of Procedure state: "Upon the death of a member, zir seat is transferred to zir legitimate issue, with preference to the older and their descendants over the younger and their descendants, not counting any non-citizens, unless a last will and testament should provide that some other citizen should inherit the seat."

Since there is no last will and testament that should provide that some other citizen should inherit the seat, the Imperial Mother's seat is transferred to her legitimate issue, that is Our Lord the Radiant Sun.

It is so ordered.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Lord Praetor,

I must regretfully advise that I am obliged to disregard your directive in this instance. My representatives will presently be attending with you to assist in revising your statutes and regulations to reflect that I have taken possession of the vacated seat.

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lord Prince of Modan

You will do no such thing. Instead, I advise you to speak to the Imperial Mother's son. Perhaps he will be inclined to gift it to you, given how little time he has to attend to matters of the Landsraad.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Kaiser Ayreon IV
AHS (Ayreonist Horror Story)

Post by Kaiser Ayreon IV »

My Lord Prætor

Thank you for your reverence to my mother.

I gift my seat to the Prince of Modan.
Ayreon IV
Former Kaiser of Shireroth (now dead)
RIC

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Permit me to express my gratitude to the Kaiser. I shall roast a lamb at the altar in honour of Our Lord the Radiant Sun.

Return to “The Noor Gate”