Application for Letters Patent

Royston Merrick

Application for Letters Patent

Post by Royston Merrick »

Unto the Office of the Lord Protector,

In accordance with Articles VII & VIII of the Edict of Woden I make the following submission formally and of my own free will, namely to the effect that:

I, Royston Merrick, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Lord Protector, LORD FULHAM, His Heirs and Successors according to law.

I will give my loyalty to the Dominion of Albion and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as an Albionish citizen.

In so doing I wish to request Letters Patent be granted according me the rights and obligations commensurate with a citizen of the Dominion of Albion.

For the purpose of disclosure I can report that I hold citizenship in the Republic of Tyrenia (Dominion) and I also bear some relationship to Aurangzeb al-Osman in Natopia and Hugh O'Neill (inactive) in Gotzborg.

Royston Merrick

Re: Application for Letters Patent

*Coughs politely whilst cleaning fingernails with a stiletto knife.*

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

We have lost our pen, hence no letter - patent or otherwise - but you should consider yourself a true Albion henceforth.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Royston Merrick

It will be an honour, once the pen is safely recovered.

HIM Keita V

Post by HIM Keita V »

*Gives Kern a crate containing every kind of pen imaginable.*
Keita V
29th Safir Empress
Played by Carl

Vilhelm Benkern

I found... my old one.
BENJAMIN SEBASTOKRATOR TIMOTHY QUENTIN KERN, by Sammy's Grace Lord Protector of the Dominion of Albion and the Albions, Earl of Fulham, Defender of the Edict of Woden & Viceregent of the Anglican Orthodox Church, Reiner of all Jaris, Bearer of the Naft Icon & Possessor of the Seat of the Antike Race, Guardian of the eternal city of Woden, Guardian of Eastward Ho!, Guardian of Stoke Rising, Elevator of the Melan'je, Ruler of the Kendall Isle & Herrin Bay, and Lately Defeator of the Robot Menace, to all Lords spiritual and temporal and all other Albions to whom these letters patent shall come, know that in view of the character and worth of ROYSTON MERRICK, his sworn affirmation of allegiance to our Protectorship and this dominion, including his pledge to follow all and each of its laws, and his application to our court, that same MERRICK shall henceforth be accorded the style and dignity of CITIZEN OF ALBION and shall enjoy all the rights and privileges and shall be encumbered by all the responsibilities and obligations which duly belong to an Albion and as all previous citizens under our reign have been encumbered by and enjoy, and in accordance with Article VII and Article VIII of our Edict of Woden shall be thus bound by contract.

And woe betide any who seek to diminish, strike out any part of, undermine, or otherwise pervert that sacred and rightly legal contract.

In witness whereof we have caused these our letters to be made patent
At Woden, Fasmas of 628 / 5032 ASC
:sammybull:
So begins the revival of Albion.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon

Vilhelm Benkern

It is my duty to inform citizen Merrick that per Article XIII of the Edict of Woden, he must enroll as a member of the Corporation of Woden, and to specify which guild he wishes to join. I believe the Gentlemen-at-Cudgels and Aldermen always seek to hone and make use of the talents of a merchant with your credentials.

Royston Merrick

May it please the Lord Protector that your humble petitioner begs leave to be enrolled into the most worshipful Guild of Gentlemen-at-Cudgels.

As a gift to the Guild I render up the schematics* of a certain law-enforcement tool that may prove useful in these troubled times.

*Which may or may not have been prised from the cold, charred hands of a dead Babkhan...

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

OOC: I remember a tool being linked to that allows the user to piece together firearms such as that one. Do you happen to know where it is, Ardy, and if so, could you please link to it? :)

Royston Merrick

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

OOC: Thank you very much :D

Return to “Albion”