DiploLeague 2012-1 Fall 1902

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Malliki

DiploLeague 2012-1 Fall 1902

Post by Malliki »

In the west, the British finally manage to convoy an army into Belgium, while the Belgian army conquers an undefended Holland from Germany. France moves into Portugal, gaining another SC, and bounces with Italy in the Atlantic Ocean. However, due to the Picardie army moving into Paris, their build is waived since all home supply centers are occupied.

Germany compensates the loss of Holland with the gain of Denmark, as the Heligoland fleet defeats the Russian army in Sweden, with support from Kiel. Germany also retreats from French territory, going back to Munich. Down south, Italy takes two SCs from Austria, with the Tyrolian army taking Vienna and the Venice army taking Trieste, with cross-nation support from Turkey. This bounces the Austrian fleet trying to dock in Trieste. Austria does take Rumania however, so it is not a complete failure.

In the east, Russia loses both Rumania and Sevastopol to Austria and Turkey respectively. Turkey is the most successful nation so far, gaining two more SCs in Serbia and Sevastopol, as well as keeping the important Black Sea.

These are the adjustments for 1902:
England: ONE BUILD
France: ONE BUILD (waived due to all home SCs being occupied)
Germany: NO BUILDS
Italy: TWO BUILDS
Austria: DISBAND ONE (unless a unit is disbanded by Austria before deadline, the fleet in ADR will be disbanded)
Russia: NO BUILDS
Turkey: TWO BUILDS

Deadline for builds is Saturday April 14 19.00 UTC. Next turn will begin when all builds have been made, or at deadline.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Emir of Raspur

Re: DiploLeague 2012-1 Fall 1902

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Bye bye fleetie

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

This is the first time I've seen Italy not get curbstomped. That Wes->Mao fleet move was a total troll tactic that I completely failed to see coming. And Russia is playing much too defensively and apparely has no friend. They were in an excellent position to take part of Austria themselves, but wasted the entire year supporting defenses and losing ground.

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Alas! I have been betrayed!

You know, I saw it coming last turn, but figured I had at least a few more turns before people actually started turning on me.

At least it doesn't appear as if I'll be the first one out.

The reason I was playing defensively was because I had no idea if Germany and Austria were allied, therefore, I was trying to keep Warsaw from being captured, and holding off on my westward progress until I could establish a better footing. Had I been more aggressive, it would not have resulted in much, seeing as how Turkey was planning to knife me in the back the whole time.

This seems like it's much more difficult to play online, since you have no idea who is talking to who. In person, I think, would be more fun, because then you can infer more. Adds a new layer to gameplay.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Sure Turkey knifed you, but they've about done their damage now. Those fleets can't go inland and sending them down and around would take a long time, so they're essentially stuck defending territory you wouldn't need to attempt to capture.

Entropious

Post by Entropious »

Harvey wrote:That Wes->Mao fleet move was a total troll tactic that I completely failed to see coming.
I feel like that might almost be a compliment!

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

When I talked with Italy about coordinating that attack on Austria, I was surprised at how ambitious Entropious was. My reaction was, more or less, "I like your idea more. I'll help with that."

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Entropious wrote:
Harvey wrote:That Wes->Mao fleet move was a total troll tactic that I completely failed to see coming.
I feel like that might almost be a compliment!
Oh, it absolutely was! :-D

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Isn't anyone going to build anything? I think I've gotten two builds. IIRC neither Italy nor Turkey have given any builds.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

All builds received. As soon as I get home in about two hours I'll update the map.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Return to “Micronational diplomacy”