DiploLeague 2012-1 Winter 1901

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Malliki

DiploLeague 2012-1 Winter 1901

Post by Malliki »

I'm having internet problems so I will have to upload the maps later.

In the west, France conquers Picardie and Spain and gains one supply center. However, Germany invades the French eastern provinces and is now dangerously close to two French supply centers. To the north, England convoys an army into Belgium, gaining one SC, while the English fleet occupies Norway. Germany annexes Holland, gaining one SC. To the south, Italy takes the SC in Tunisia and wards off the Austrian invasion of Venice. Austria manages to move outside the heartland with the invasion of Galicia. The Russian army lacks support and is forced to retreat. Turkey takes both Bulgaria and Greece, while Russia gains Rumania unopposed and Sweden.

Retreat order to UKR noted. Now we come to the building phase.

England: TWO BUILDS
France: ONE BUILD
Germany: ONE BUILD
Italy: ONE BUILD
Russia: TWO BUILDS
Austria: NO BUILDS
Turkey: TWO BUILDS

You may only build in your core SCs. Issue your builds to me, on PM, and don't forget to tell me if it's a fleet or army. As soon as I have builds from everyone, we move on to the next turn.

Deadline for issuing builds: Sunday April 8, 2012, 21.30 UTC.
Last edited by Malliki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Gerk

Re: DiploLeague 2012-1 Winter 1901

Post by Gerk »

Argh, and I knew that would happen, too. Curses.

Not like it needs to be secret or anything, since I'm the only one, so move it to UKR.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I didn't get Norway's SC?
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

From the sound of it...

England gets Belgium and Norway (2 Supply Centers)
Germany gets Holland (1 SC)
Russia gets Sweden and Rumania (2 SC)
Italy gets Tunis (1 SC)
France gets Spain (1 SC)
Turkey gets Bulgaria and Greece (2 SC)

AND AUSTRIA GETS NOTHING.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Why Austria didn't at least take that one gimme is beyond me. Now they're likely to lose it.

If I was giving out Shiny Koffings of Tactical Excellence, I'd probably give one to England. They seem to have done a pretty good job moving their forces in the first year to be in good positions. Russia and Turkey also had wins, but neither of them control that vital Black Sea.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

In general, if I were to chose which country to be when playing this game though, I'd have to go for France.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Germany has great potential to take three supply centers in the first year.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Its geographic position is unenviable. In the hands of a skilled player, yes, Germany is good though.

The reason I like France's position is that its isolated enough to be more defendable but not too isolated, as in the case of England where you have to ferry troops over, which slows down things. Also, France's location makes it easier to have a strong naval capacity as opposed to Germany.

Getting out of Italy is a bottleneck issue. Austria has a location problem as well, being surrounded by 4 other nations and a not-too-good naval situation. Russia and Turkey are other places I'd want to be in though.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

True. France has access to a territory that is completely uncontestable: Iberia. Scandinavia is a triple point for England, Germany, and Russia. The Balkans are just a mess. While Italy similarly has that with Tunisia, France can pick up two supply centers that everyone else would take time to reach.
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I'm missing builds from France, Italy and Germany. Since it is Easter after all, I'm extending building deadline to Monday April 9 2012, 21.30 UTC.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Return to “Micronational diplomacy”