Winter 1903 and Finale

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Winter 1903 and Finale

Post by Harvey »

And this will be the end of it. All of these countries dropping out has really FUBARed up the game, giving certain countries a major advantage based purely on luck of placement, and I don't really see it getting any better.

Thanks for playing.

Octavius

Re: Winter 1903 and Finale

Post by Octavius »

New game?
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Entropious

Post by Entropious »

But the map is not yet fully Christmas colored!

:santasam:

Entropious

Post by Entropious »

Octavius wrote:New game?
YOUNGSTOWN

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Only if we can get 10 people who promise not to ragequit like pussies wusses cry babies people who quit rather than stick with the game they agreed to play in.

EDIT: Or, conversely, modify it to pair up the countries so that we have 5 double-country players. Just a thought.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Sammy J McMillan

Post by Sammy J McMillan »

Oshi-

I haven't ragequit, this is just me being absent minded and I would be up for another game.
Sammy J McMillan
ANTICAN LIBERATION DEVICE. Allow curiosity to seduce ya: http://www.bastionunion.org/forum/viewt ... =320&t=992
Citizen of the Republic, friend of :sammyj:
In the quotes thread, Ardy wrote:You know, you are a bit of an arse - even by the standards of this hobby (which is an achievement).

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Youngstown, Benjamin? I'm sure we could get the Ashkenatzans into a Youngstown.
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

That was a rather abrupt ending to the game. Oh well. I'll have to sit the next round out but if there's a round after, I think I can join in.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Indeed. It was rather abrupt.
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Yeah. And I do apologize to the players that were reliably sending in orders. But Diplomacy breaks down in a hurry if a country or three simply refuse to defend themselves.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I missed one turn cause I have shit to do. Not exactly common for me. I'm in on Youngstown.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Obviously, the one running the game should post the submission time for all timezones of every participant, instead of their own and the one next to it.
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

I'll be in the next game.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Last time I ran a Diplo game online, I had good results setting a "soft deadline" of two days, as in "everyone had better get their results in after two days or I will start yelling at you and publicly shaming you", and a hard deadline of four days, as in "if it's not in after four days, I will post results without you".

I know it's unfair to the moderator to have to hunt down people who refuse to send in orders, but it does avoid results like this.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Problem though, is that people already want 2- or 3-day rounds. Maybe 2-day soft deadline and 3-day hard deadline?
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Return to “Micronational diplomacy”